GBAtemp Game of the Year 2017 Voting: Nintendo 3DS

IMG_6081.JPG

The vote for the best games of 2017 continues onward, this time, with the Nintendo 3DS. Though the Switch eclipsed the aging handheld this year, it was clear that Nintendo still had a packed library for the 3DS in 2017. Now it's time to answer the question of which one game reigns supreme, in the eyes of GBAtemp users!

:arrow: PS4 Winner: Persona 5
:arrow: PC Voting
:arrow: Next: Xbox One

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it's the reason this year the consoles have separate polls....
pokemon always win and make shadow to better games. people voting usually didn't even play all games to compare and vote fairly, they vote like "I played only this one, I liked it so it's the best!".

it would be interested to know how many games the voters played from the list.
"I played all of them, and I prefer this one" is fair.
"I played two, and this one is the game of the year" is not representative, what about the one you don't know?

I never vote, I don't have enough background to choose from.
Metroid is the only game I'm interested this year.

Aside from Superstar saga, Mario Party and Story of Seasons, none of the games interest me.
Minecraft has been ported to every toaster and shoe.. PC version will still remain the best.
Miitopia was fun for a few days, then it became boring and stale.
The rest, neh, I already tried previous versions and didn't liked it or they don't interest me. ;/

I admit, me vote isn't that fair but atleast I have some prior gameplay on previous titles.
Or not cause they simply don't interest me.

D

Deleted User

it's the reason this year the consoles have separate polls....
pokemon always win and make shadow to better games. people voting usually didn't even play all games to compare and vote fairly, they vote like "I played only this one, I liked it so it's the best!".

it would be interested to know how many games the voters played from the list.
"I played all of them, and I prefer this one" is fair.
"I played two, and this one is the game of the year" is not representative, what about the one you don't know?

I never vote, I don't have enough background to choose from.
Metroid is the only game I'm interested this year.
A. Not everybody can afford all the games on the list. And even for pirates...
B. Not everybody got the time to play all of em, let alone finish them.

I played 3 on the list and chose the one I enjoyed the most.if everybody would choose only after they did their research, the celebrities wont be running our countries. And we can all agree that most of the ppl care more about popularity. In my country, it once happend that the minister of finance didnt even finish school, he was elected because he was very popular
Even trump's followers should acknowledge that there has to be somrbody from his party more suited to it then him. He only won because of popularity (i dont say that there were better options, or even that he is the worst...)

Reactions: oji and Cyan

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played original Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA version), Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Metroid: Samus Returns (GB and 3DS version), Ever Oasis, Regular Pokemon Moon, Monster Hunter Stories, Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth, original Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (PS2 Version).

I'm having a pretty difficult time picking, so I'm choosing based off disqualifying factors.

I don't think remakes should be eligible for rewards, so that's 4 games removed from my choices right off the bat.
Pokemon Moon and Etrian Odyssey were too similar to their earlier installments, so I can't give it to them.
If I had to pick, I would have to say Ever Oasis, because it's a new IP, or Monster Hunter Stories, since it's so radically different than the franchise it came from.

I guess Ever Oasis wins since it's a new IP.

D

Deleted User

wow cant believe pokemon loses to mario. when was the last time that happened...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
out of all he games abode i liked metroid the best, it was a preety good and fun remake, i hope they remake fusion and super metroid this way.

GhostHero182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sorry, but there is just no way I will buy Samus Returns. Why? Because to get the full experience, I not only have to buy Amiibo, but I will also have to buy the NFC reader because I own the launch day 3ds. I don’t understand why so many game developers are using micro transactions these days. DLC is one thing, but having to pay for game modes that should be unlocked in the game is just terrible. Therefore I picked Ultra Sun/Moon. Those are really fun RPGs that you can sink tons of hours into. (And yes just to clarify I haven’t played the originals, so I don’t care if they are the same.) I have been meaning to get Monster Hunter Stories, but I haven’t picked it up yet.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
everyone here saying they didnt bough metroid samus returns becuase of the amiibo stuff is ridiculous, the game is well worth it and its extremely fun, you dont know what you missed becuase of something you probably wouldnt even use, i doubt people that didnt bought it becuase of the amiibo would even play the game in hardest mode...

GhostHero182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone here saying they didnt bough metroid samus returns becuase of the amiibo stuff is ridiculous, the game is well worth it and its extremely fun, you dont know what you missed becuase of something you probably wouldnt even use, i doubt people that didnt bought it becuase of the amiibo would even play the game in hardest mode...
If that’s targeted at me, the other reason I am not buying it is that I don’t really like Metroid.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I have NFC tags and an android phone, so it wasn't because I couldn't access the content, it was a decision based on principle. I had thought to buy the game and support 2D Metroids without bothering with the amiibo, but refusing to buy the amiibo alone while still buying the base game wouldn't have sent any sort of message. The act of sectioning off content for DLC (minus, of course, the obvious costs of manufacture and shipping which came in this specific instance of the DLC being part of an amiibo) doesn't have any overhead, so whether I bought a "full" game for $40 or whether I bought "most" of the game for $40 and forewent the amiibo, Nintendo would still get my $40 and would see no loss aside from, as mentioned, the costs of manufacturing and shipping the amiibo. Nintendo would hypothetically see an immediate loss from a lost amiibo sale for this case, but the only message that would have sent is that they shouldn't tie DLC to amiibo, and instead have it for sale digitally, which I can only imagine has literally zero overhead in terms of monetary costs and means they would not lose any money. The only way I'd send a message that I didn't appreciate this kind of practice was by not buying the game at all, which was unfortunate, as I also wanted to send the message that I want more 2D Metroid games.

So what I mean to say is that I'm sure it was all sorts of rad as a game, but to me, being even an incredibly minuscule part of making a statement on DLC models/practices was more important than experiencing a game I thought I'd really enjoy.

Ah, and also understand that I'm merely explaining my reasoning behind doing what I did and not trying to push morals or responsibility onto anyone else. I don't mean to be a crusader, only to elucidate.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
RPG Maker FES should be my GOTY for the 3DS because it's what Mario Maker should have been: pay to make content but the level player is free. It still doesn't get my vote for how limited it is. Great effort though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans