GBAtemp game of the week- week #23

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by FAST6191, Oct 12, 2011.

Oct 12, 2011
  1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Time for the 23rd edition of our GBAtemp book game club. In this series we select a game for people that want to join in to play and then we get together to discuss it. This is not a simple top ? games list as it also extends to games with a neat mechanic, something that we feel should be more widely known, something was tried that warranted attention for it and more. Homebrew, commercial games, rom hacks and more can and do feature in this series and on occasion we mix things up a bit with additional criteria or do a special feature.[/p]

Week #23- Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart (GBA Translation)
    A translation of a GBA game this week and one that is seemingly not all that widely known about (or at least when the "suggest me a GBA translation" topic arises this is often missed). The game itself is one of the Dragon Quest Monsters series so having recently just seen the latest of spinoff series get English localisations we thought we would look back at the only GBA entry in the series as well as being a prequel to the notable Dragon Quest 7. Gameplay differs a bit from the rest of the series not only because it has a proper story but in that it revolves around the titular caravans providing minor an asset management mechanics and although it had not yet managed to shake random encounters but it is still the core you and a few of your monster friends gaining abilities and battling through dungeons.[/p]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhV3Poqx9KA ​
    Preview of the translation​
    [​IMG]

This was enix's last game before officially becoming Square Enix- did the resulting company miss a trick by failing to provide an English version or was it a case of another game not likely to make it outside Japan? Next week something that might not catch the label "pokemon clone".[/p]

[​IMG] Romhacking.net download
    [​IMG] Filetrip download

[​IMG] Discuss

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=gbagotw&search_app= should get you other links in this series

1 person likes this.
  2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Very good game (and suggestion)!
    I've been playing it for a week now on my PSP, it's even more awesome on that big-ass screen. Just a very good title that everybody should play, but sadly no one will.

3. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I'll give it a try when I get my PSP. I never even knew this game existed.

4. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    the problem with searching for older gba games is taht u cant tell if a translation had come out or not. DQM on gba, i bet its gonna be high quality as gba games were more refined. thanks for this totally missable game.

5. smile72

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Great game. I love Dragon Quest Monsters:Caravan Hearts!

6. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    i never got to play this one. The translation didnt come out till recently and i never bothered with it...