Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBAtemp game of the week- week #13

This would be week #13 of the GBAtemp book game club. As some might just be joining us the idea behind these threads is each time we post a game from one of the systems we usually cover around here and then we discuss the game- did it have a nice mechanic, nice levels, nice music, was it good overall, a fine example of the genre or were we blinded by nostalgia. The game might be a well known commercial release, a hidden gem, something that fell short but is worth knowing about, some homebrew, a rom hack and on occasion we might say compare a couple of games or something else like that.[/p]

Ninja Cop on the GBA

Known in North America as Ninja Five-O this game frequently makes top GBA game lists but we still meet people that have never played it so it gets a spot in this series. The GBA saw a lot of ports of 8 and 16 bit era titles and although this is a new game it shares an awful lot in common with (indeed we hold sits alongside the likes of) the likes of (revenge of) Shinobi, Bionic Commando, Ninja Gaiden, Blue Shadow (Shadow of the Ninja) and several other classic side scrolling platformers. A gameplay video is below but the game itself is a side scrolling platformer where you get to play as the ninja of the title armed with a grappling hook, some shuriken, a sword and more to fight your way through levels, rescue people and solve some minor puzzles- classic side scrolling platformer features but done very well[/p]

Some gameplay from the first level​
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKU4upMDxjY[/youtube]​

trm-nj50.jpg
US box art. Once again box art fans the US and EU box art is quite different​
GBAtemp European release thread

Although we called it a classic title you might have a different opinion. Do share your thoughts wherever they might fall in the discussion[/p]

discuss.png
 Discuss

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=gbagotw&search_app= should get you other links in this series

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't play this game in forever. I reminded me of the nes ninja gaiden days... Also, it was one of the few gba games that I finished!

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have it on my hard drive for years never played it.. shame also last i tried it crash on dstwo gba ah well a reason to dust off my Ds phat + SC slot 2
biggrin.gif

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 for gba was based off this its almost exactly the same. lol. Thats ok I guess though. That was a fun game so ill have to try this one.
smile.gif

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The friend who gave me the DS I own now used to have this game, but he sold it and a few of his other games so he could get an R4 and EZ-Flash 3in1. I never got to play it, but from what I understood it was quite awesome.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is excellent. It is a very well made GBA game. Lots of action, very responsive, and great mechanics. This was a wonderful choice for this week.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so does it run properly on GBA emu for SCDSTwo / GPSP Kai ? last i tried it don't even start on either of them.. or do i have a bad dump? appreciate another opinion
smile.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I beat this game without taking a single hit unlocking the extra level and secret boss!
It's not an easy game but once you master the grapple hook and enemy patterns its simple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can...