GBAtemp Friday Game Nights - Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

locgo.png

The third week of our new Friday game nights will commence soon! Join us tomorrow, as we'll be hosting some Monster Hunter GU action on the Nintendo Switch. Let's hunt some monsters in preparation of the upcoming Iceborne expansion for Monster Hunter World!

This time, we'll try to host things a bit earlier. The party will kick off at 12 pm CT, or, for those across the pond, 5 pm GMT. Here's a countdown clock for people in other regions. Be sure to add the Switch friend code of SW-3018-5941-3903 to join in. If a lobby or other form of invite is required to play online, those details will be edited into the post once the game starts up.

As always, anyone who joins in and leaves a comment in this thread showing that they played with the group will earn 25xp. If you don't happen to own MH: GU, or your Nintendo Switch just can't go online, then feel free to hang out for a while in the Twitch chat, where the game will be streamed live! You'll still get that sweet sweet XP at the end of the night.

:arrow: Twitch Channel - GBAtempTV

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't have GU, but perhaps I could join by using the conversion cheat for the 3DS version of XX which lets you play with the Switch version of GU, although can't do event quests that way:/

If only I had a Switch and GU I could do some carries for anyone interested that joins the chat...

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not to sound negative to anyone but is this not a bad choice? Only 4 people can play together at a time. That's less than the past two games, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? :ninja:
Not to sound even more negative, but isn't the turnout SO bad sometimes that we don't even get 4 people in chat, let alone in game?:rofl2:

D

Deleted User

Not to sound negative to anyone but is this not a bad choice? Only 4 people can play together at a time. That's less than the past two games, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? :ninja:
Yeah, Smash Ultimate Would be better, but they want variety, also is not bad.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound even more negative, but isn't the turnout SO bad sometimes that we don't even get 4 people in chat, let alone in game?:rofl2:
...No? The past two games had people waiting around to get in, because Smash has a limited lobby, of all things, and Mario Kart had just about enough to fill a whole match. Not to mention, this is only the third one of these, so...there's not much history to go off to say such a thing? :mellow:

The games are up to the hosts to decide, and so, it's Monster Hunter. Considering there's two people hosting, they could split it to two separate rooms if they decide to, for 8 players total. This is just testing the waters, anyway, to see what games people like, or what titles people turn out for. If we wanted to play Switch games that had more than 4 players at once, and were popular, it'd just be Smash and Mario Kart repeating endlessly.

Mario Kart is planned for the following week, and after that, we'll likely switch over to something on PC, to see how that goes, and cycle back to Smash.

D

Deleted User

...No? The past two games had people waiting around to get in, because Smash has a limited lobby, of all things, and Mario Kart had just about enough to fill a whole match. Not to mention, this is only the third one of these, so...there's not much history to go off to say such a thing? :mellow:

The games are up to the hosts to decide, and so, it's Monster Hunter. Considering there's two people hosting, they could split it to two separate rooms if they decide to, for 8 players total. This is just testing the waters, anyway, to see what games people like, or what titles people turn out for. If we wanted to play Switch games that had more than 4 players at once, and were popular, it'd just be Smash and Mario Kart repeating endlessly.

Mario Kart is planned for the following week, and after that, we'll likely switch over to something on PC, to see how that goes, and cycle back to Smash.
Chale (common Mexican frase to denote sadness) Smash until 3 weeks from now on

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds pretty cool. Also, 5pm GMT is 7pm for me, so that's really convenient.
But... I'm a little bit worried about the quests. I never played anything aside from single player in MHGU. And I'm not really far into the game. Just completed a few 4 Star Village Quests. So... What kinds of quests are planned for this stream?

Drake1427

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was there and Luna was there, maybe(?). I did the thing with the sword and the shield and the spiky tail monster and then saw @Meteor7 cart twice and thought "hey, that looks fun" and then carted myself which ended the quest, so give me some xp please. Thanks ;D

Reactions: Meteor7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea