Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBAtemp Forums 5th Anniversary!
5 yrs of the best forum on the interwebs
5yr.png
Put on your party hats because it's the 23rd October 2007! Yes, the GBAtemp Forums are today proudly celebrating our 5th Anniversary! That's right; it's been FIVE years since Alexander, KiVan and Omero first opened the doors of the GBAtemp hotel to the people of the internet. We can hardly believe it ourselves. We've come such a long way since the forums first opened five years ago, going through several skins, revisions, changes, modifications, improvements and more, but believe us; the best is YET to come.

In these 5 years we have an amazing total of over 100,000 members, almost 850,000 single posts and almost 63,500 topics!

We really do have some major improvements, ideas and more in store for GBAtemp through 2007 and beyond, so we hope you will join us in continuing to build and enjoy the best damn forum on the internet.

We, the staff, would like to thank each and every single member of GBAtemp for contributing, all the GBA and DS enthusiasts out there for keeping our site alive, all the fantastically talented homebrew coders who continue to amaze us and of course the admins would like to personally thank each member on the GBAtemp staff roll, past and present, for doing a magnificent job of keeping the forums running smoothly!

So join us in raising a cold stein of grog and declare a toast to GBAtemp's 5th birthday! The largest (and best) GBA and DS dedicated forums on the web! Cheers!
grog.gif

But that's not all; to celebrate our 5th Year Anniversary we have a fantastic surprise for our members...

The Official GBAtemp Online Store! Thanks to Cafepress we are able to offer our members and staff the chance to get their hands on official GBAtemp Merchandise! From t-shirts to bumper stickers, from mugs to postcards - you'll find quite a wide range of products and designs available. We've kept the prices low and all profits will pay towards site hosting and maintenance. More products will be added to the shop over time. We will even accept members own GBAtemp designs in the future!

We will also very soon be offering the chance for members to get their own NAME or ALIAS printed DIRECTLY on the products! So if you'd like your name printed on a product you want to buy, send us an e-mail (more details further in) and let us know!

Please read on in the dedicated GBAtemp Shop news topic for more information. Link below!

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Online Shop news topic

What's THAT? You want more? You got it! Introducing...

mobile.png

Get your GBAtemp fix on the GO with GBAtemp Mobile! Just point your mobile phone browser to m.gbatemp.net and start browsing on a custom designed site by Costello for mobile phones (optimised for Opera Mini v3). The mobile site is currently read-only but posting abilities may be added in the near future so stay tuned!

Read more about GBAtemp Mobile in its dedicated news thread - link below.

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Mobile news topic
---

We also are introducing a new feature to the site today, a new Release Management Centre. This allows our members to post game release information you see on the portal for GBA, NDS and Wii games THEMSELVES. Pending moderator approval, your release information will be contributed and added to the portal! This is a brand new feature unique to GBAtemp to allow for more community driven updates and faster release information!

Read more about the new Release Management Centre at the link below.

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Release Management Centre news topic

Whoo! Ok we think that's it!
smile.gif

Leave your comments on the Anniversary only in this thread, please leave comments related to the other 3 new features - the Shop, Mobile site and new Release Management Centre in their respective threads. CHEERS!

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Online Shop news topic
icon11.gif
GBAtemp Mobile news topic
icon11.gif
GBAtemp Release Management Centre news topic

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
5 years of great, great times!
GBAtemp has been a big part of my life for the last 5 years, the site and community has helped me out a lot, in good and bad times. It's good to know I can always talk to people here about anything, so much support from so many people. Theres no contrast like this in real life, for me anyway.
The sheer amount of knowledge stored on these boards over these last 5 years is amazing, and it can only carry on growing, which I'm sure it will.
I'd like to thank my good friends Shaun, Clem, Garf and speechles, all supervisors, board mods, magazine staff, podcast crew and irc staff for running and being a part of this great forum, which I like to think of as my second home. Most people just don't understand the sheer amount of work and time that goes on behind the scenes to keep the place as high quaity as it has become accustomed to.
Of course I would also like to say thankyou to our founders, KiVan, Alexander and Omero, who's love and passion for gaming on the GBA spawned this place we all love so much. I miss you guys so much!!!
I'd also like to thank all the members, without you all, this site would not exist. Remember it is you people who are the heart and soul of the site, and as such, the feel and reputation of the site is a direct reflection of you, the members who frequent here and post daily. You all deserve a pat on the back!
I'd like to think we will make this topic again in 2012. At this moment in time I see no reason why that won't happen!

Companion Cube has morphed into this fine cake for us all.. OMG..the CAKE!!!
companionxu9.jpg

Enjoy the new shop people, I know I will! I'd also like to see some pics of people wearing or using their new gear!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
LONG LIVE GBATEMP!!!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I truly love this great community. Too bad I don't feel the same with its users.

j/k

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I've only really bothered to take part in the forum in the last year or so, this has been a place that I've always visit everyday and in a way its part of my life.

Happy birthday you sexy fiends.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
long live weighted companion cube and Gbatemp

hipp hipp hrth. long live the greatest gaming community on the web

edited: omg 2 days ago it was my 3rd year anniversary as a member of gbatemp

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
happy birthday gbatemp. I wish all the gbatemp staff members luck and hope they are around for many years to come. I have really enjoyed my time on here and I hope it continues. Thanks for gbatemp

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
wot thug said pretty much goes for me too
this is my second home and has been for 5 yrs
we have seen some bad times but rode through it while other sites like this went under
here's to 5 wicked yrs of gbatemp and hopefully we will still be here and kickin in another 5 yrs w00t

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over