Hacking GBAtemp client for Wii

Anon10W1z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I'm in a situation where my computer's hard drive is now dead and I get on GBAtemp less often (using other computers). One day, when I attempted to view GBAtemp.net on my Wii using the Internet Browser, I couldn't sign in to GBAtemp (the dialog never showed up). I'm not a Wii programmer, so I'm wondering if anyone can make a GBAtemp client for the Wii? It's been on my mind ever since I joined the GBAtemp community.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Uhh...yeah, they do. I'm fairly certain, as I used to use my Wii as a browser before. I'm pretty sure they won't make a proprietary version for the Wii, so either make it yourself or figure something else out. Sorry.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
GBATemp relies on html,java,jquery, php among others. Those require a web browser to work (the code is compiled and parsed by a browser). There's no such "client", but Opera, or another web browser solution.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, if you need another hard drive that badly then if you pay the shipping and tell me whether you need an IDE drive or a SATA drive then I will ship one of my kick around ones that I just use for data backup. Most of my spare drives that am willing to pass off are 40gb or 80gb. IDK how long they will last but it will be at least something. PM me if you're interested. I think we can get shipping to be under $5.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Since the opera browser for the Wii is closed source, you can't do anything about it if something on GBAtemp doesn't work with it. And I don't think IPS would care enough to fix their forum software for the Wii's browser. Perhaps Costello and tj can come up with a solution for you.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, new posts can't be made.
This implies that you can sign in with the mobile version. So you could try signing in with the mobile version, then switch to the full version, seeing as how it was signing in that did not work in the full version. Of course, there are quite possibly other features of the full version that won't work, but that might at least get you past the sign-in process.

Anon10W1z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, new posts can't be made.
This implies that you can sign in with the mobile version. So you could try signing in with the mobile version, then switch to the full version, seeing as how it was signing in that did not work in the full version. Of course, there are quite possibly other features of the full version that won't work, but that might at least get you past the sign-in process.
It doesn't let ya sign in. (m.gbatemp.net)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there