GBAtemp Blogs Minor Update

If you're one of the 2600+ users who have a blog on GBAtemp, you may like to hear that we have decided to add an extra option to the blogging system.

Blog.jpg

We are now allowing blog owners to delete comments on their own blog entries. Everyone is now a moderator of their own blog. This has been requested by a lot of blog owners, and after a long discussion with the staff we decided to enable it. Of course, this comes with a few ground rules:
  • You are only allowed to delete comments that directly infringe forum rules, such as comments you deem insulting, offensive, etc.
  • Please do not delete posts that merely contradict your opinion, you must allow people to express themselves even if you don't agree with them - as long as they do it in a reasonable and civilized manner.
  • For users who comment on blog entries: if you feel that your comment has been unfairly deleted, please 'report' the blog entry and explain what happened. The staff may restore the comment if they deem it necessary.
  • Users who abuse the comment deletion functionality will receive warns, and may end up having their blog suspended.
  • Be aware that comments are never actually deleted, they are only hidden from view.
  • Please note that the "delete" function is only open to users who are in the "Members" user group, i.e. users who have a post count equal to or greater than 100.
The second new functionality is that you can "customize your blog" - by giving your blog a title and description. - seems like this was already possible, even though the permission was disabled.

Finally, please remember that blogs are a personal space - for personal discussions. Do not post in your blog threads that should be posted on the forums. Blogs are a good place to talk about yourself and your own life events, but remember that this community is mainly based on an active Forum, so make sure to keep the Forum alive :)

Last edited by Costello,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
as far as I know the permission was disabled in the group permissions.
I enabled it a few minutes ago.

Mine already has a custom name/description. I haven't changed it in many months.

D

Deleted User

as far as I know the permission was disabled in the group permissions.
I enabled it a few minutes ago.
ive had mine named eixs shithole and a description of theres nothing good here go away since found blogs

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't we have this before and it was such a catastrophic failure it was removed within a week? :unsure:
I forget.
Either way it sounds like more work for the mods, if anything. I can see a lot of people fighting over their comments being deleted. People are very sensitive about that.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
The first and most important of these options: we are now allowing blog owners to delete comments on their own blog entries.
YES! FINALLY!
Erm, I mean...
The second new functionality is that you can "customize your blog" - by giving your blog a title and description.
I thought we could already do this? My blog has been named "Warp Zone" for a while now.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
the permission was disabled and I can say that with 100% certainty, now did it have any effect or not? of course I'm not doubting your words :)
I will edit that part in the original post then.

Reactions: PrincessLillie
D

Deleted User

That's neat, not like i'll ever be using it but it will be fun to see the fallout over it.

Reactions: Pluupy

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can see a lot of people fighting over their comments being deleted. People are very sensitive about that.
No doubt on the second part. My general policy here would be think very long and hard about deleting anything that is not pure spam (as in there to sell stuff). That said I can happily treat it as fodder for the calculation of how to assess someone's worth in debate if someone is going to go around overreacting.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
  • You are only allowed to delete comments that directly infringe forum rules, such as comments you deem insulting, offensive, etc.
  • Please do not delete posts that merely contradict your opinion, you must allow people to express themselves even if you don't agree with them - as long as they do it in a reasonable and civilized manner.
Considering how a large number of people are nowadays treating everyone who disagrees with their opinion (that somehow is factual despite evidence against it) as being offensive or insulting them, I can see those two rules contradicting each other a lot:rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: