GBAtemp Blogging Service

What do you think about the GBAtemp Blogging Service?

• I have my own blog, and I love the new Blogging feature!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I read the blogs occasionally.

• It's OK, but not that great...

• Blogging service? What's that?

• Total voters

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So, Costello & staff created a new feature for GBAtemp. This new feature is called the GBAtemp Blogging Service. It's been out for a little while, and I can't say I don't absolutely love it.
smile.gif

Whether it's serious, helpful, or just plain silly - you can blog about it! So head on over there and blog it up.

So, what are your thoughts about the new feature? What do you think could improve it?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I really don't see what's so different between a blog and a regular post.....other than the picture hosting, which can be applied to regular posts anyway.

But then, I'm nearly 40, so maybe that has something to do with my lack of understanding.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest, I really don't see what's so different between a blog and a regular post.....other than the picture hosting, which can be applied to regular posts anyway.

But then, I'm nearly 40, so maybe that has something to do with my lack of understanding.

Blogs are for personal stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Have a problem at work? Blog. Your girlfriend dump you and you don't want to discuss it, you just want to vent it? Blog. Etc.
smile.gif

I haven't used the blog system yet, but I've been planning on it for a while, so one of these days I'll have my segment up.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
For me, it's not very useful. I don't even use the blog on my own website, except to post website-related news.

And I'll only be using the blog here to post GBAtemp-related announcements that aren't worth to be on the portal (such as the change in the wiki skin).

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Blogs are for personal stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Have a problem at work? Blog. Your girlfriend dump you and you don't want to discuss it, you just want to vent it? Blog. Etc.
smile.gif

I haven't used the blog system yet, but I've been planning on it for a while, so one of these days I'll have my segment up.

See I pretty much have the same opinion as Rayder, I think the General Off-Topic and Testing areas have all the posting needs covered. I don't really see the need for the Blog area.

Would make more sense to me if people were only allowed one area/topic in which to post their Blog topics, having multiple topics in the Blog area from one person makes me think they should have just used the General Off-Topic and Testing forums.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

smile.gif

See I pretty much have the same opinion as Rayder, I think the General Off-Topic and Testing areas have all the posting needs covered. I don't really see the need for the Blog area.

Would make more sense to me if people were only allowed one area/topic in which to post their Blog topics, having multiple topics in the Blog area from one person makes me think they should have just used the General Off-Topic and Testing forums.
I've been using the service for making updates about the Tempcast and posting about other things I wouldn't normally mention because I don't feel it's important enough for a post in a particular section. The tempcast thing I can't really be posting in the forums as it's kinda out of place, where the blog is a perfect place for it. And no point telling people I got in say, my free copy of skate or a new headset in a new topic somewhere.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using the service for making updates about the Tempcast and posting about other things I wouldn't normally mention because I don't feel it's important enough for a post in a particular section. The tempcast thing I can't really be posting in the forums as it's kinda out of place, where the blog is a perfect place for it. And no point telling people I got in say, my free copy of skate or a new headset in a new topic somewhere.

Spikey has the exact right idea. It's for bits of things that don't fit in the other forums. For random opinions and such. "I got a game. The end" isn't topic material, but it's perfect personal blog material.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Spikey has the exact right idea. It's for bits of things that don't fit in the other forums. For random opinions and such. "I got a game. The end" isn't topic material, but it's perfect personal blog material.

I sorta agree, but would'nt it make more sense if one person's random thoughts were combined in a single topic? Having random blog topics everywhere is messy IMO.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Then people wouldn't be able to comment on other people's blogs. Besides, it's not really messy... blogs go in the blog forum and are viewable from the member's blog portal. Very clean, in my opinion. Now having people post random thoughts in the wrong forums because they didn't know where they should go, that was messy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1