GBATemp based Wii DAT File

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by kmihalj, Oct 13, 2009.

Oct 13, 2009

GBATemp based Wii DAT File by kmihalj at 2:29 PM (2,841 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. kmihalj
    OP

Newcomer kmihalj Advanced Member

Croatia
    Hi !

I'm tryin to make Wii DAT file for use with offlinelist, gromlist, Rofage & clones... List is based on GBATemp release list but without NUKES and XXXX titles...

With help of shaunj66 I gor GBATemp database from which I generated DAT file ...

PICs and screenshoots are missing (only few are avaliable which I use for testing), .... since I do that manually (If someone can contribute with that part) but all will be there in time

DAT probably have mistakes with languages (few which are mentioned on release of Wii games doesnt exist on offline SDK), also I don't have CRCs of .iso files ....

blah, blah .... I'm working on that .....

DAT file is located here: http://piko.selfip.org/joomla/ so anybody can try it ....

Please feel free to report any error in dat file, ... also any missing data if you have one.

2. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Forgive me for asking, but with what do we use it?

3. kmihalj
    OP

Croatia

4. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Oh, I did not know that offlinelist was an application.

Sorry!

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    It's nice to have a recent dat (PsyKos's Wii dat is a little old now, but still great).
    Tested with OfflineList, but can't use FakeCollection plugin because you don't have any CRC [​IMG]

There are three missing fields :
    - Source (release group)

- Company
    - CRC
    (ok, these two are not on gbatemp database)

Could it be added please ?
    Maybe PsyKos could help you with missing data (like crc) implementation, he is a GBAtemp user.

6. kmihalj
    OP

Croatia
    CRC will be added for almoust all PAL releases with english language on it since I have them (cca 580 titles) .... Other CRCs for NTSC-US & NTSC-JPN will be copied from existing DATs for titles where such data exist ...

Company will be aded also, but GBATemp does not have that data so I must surf elseware for that info...

Source is in DAT ... contains Release group

I now do images and correcting numbering and other more obvious data .

... but since there is now more than 1600 titles it is going slow (regular job, family obligations etc... but all will be done sometime) .... Now I do downlading img file, renaming to correct name, resizeing to 200x18x pixels, checking CRCs than copy&paste that data to DAT file and uploading picture to correct folder on server, and now I'm only doing that for title image (box) ... later I'll do that for screenshots again) ....

7. kmihalj
    OP

Croatia
    Updated few pictures, CRC-s etc, .... work in progress

Wii DAT file

8. Cyan

France
    It's becoming nice [​IMG]

The CRC is working, and so is FakeCollection plugin (but only 8 of them were recognized from PsyKos's CRC)
    It will miss the duplicate too (all are set to 1).

Maybe you could use the real CRC, they are provided on http://wiitdb.com
    There are also Developers, Publishers, Title ID (could be nice to have it in your dat too), and other useful informations (genre, number of player etc.)

You wanted to do a GBAtemp dat, but an offline version of WiiTDB could be nice too (with gbatemp Numbering)

I know it's a very long work to update and maintain a dat, so I wish you good luck.
    I'll update and try it every now and then, I'll report here if I see any problem [​IMG]

9. kmihalj
    OP

Croatia
    Ok .... DAT file is updated, .... added "dummy" pic for images that is missing, .... updated publisher etc....
    still working .....

I soo other wii dat files avaliable but most of them are "dirty" XML which is working only with OfflineList, ..... I'll keep mine clean so it will work with other clients (GromList & RoFage)...
    PS. Report any errors and/or missing data so I can update DAT .... (or send me better screenshoot where is nececery)

10. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Nice work!

Can I use this list to create online content for my local forum? Which in turn will provide my users a means to make debates around the released titles.

11. kmihalj
    OP

Croatia
    Ofcourse, ... If you need MySQL dump just ask, .... I generate list from MySQL database (export to XML)

12. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Thanks for the offer, I'll write a small .net program to convert them into phorum posts. No problem with the xml. I got the gbatemp parser almost ready but this will definitely make the task easier. [​IMG]

13. kmihalj
    OP

Croatia
    Just updated dat ..... fixed screenshoot size.... and updated last releases ...

I also remove duplicate releases which is found on GBATemps release list as ex. rel. 916 is twice on GBATemp Wii list, .... found also one more like that for now but since I deleted record from database I cannot remember duplicate rel. no.

added screenshots for all titles with letter A, B, ..... other letters in progres [​IMG]

for duplicates I added different screenshoots for each occurence if I was found more screenshoots for title

14. Cyan

France
    It's a nice way to do it [​IMG]

I have strange "Fake Collection" plugin behavior in OfflineList (7.2.a and 7.3b2), but I don't think it's your fault.
    When I right click on a game and check "have", another game is set to "have" instead.
    Your xml is good so it must be a problem on my side.

Thank you for keeping your dat updated [​IMG]

15. gerber108

Newcomer gerber108 Newbie

Belgium
    Hi, everyone

I've been using offlinelist for about a week or two fo ds and psp roms.

I must say this is a verry good program.

I just have a problem with the fakecollection pluggin, it's on but, so i can see the collors.
    But when i right klik on a rom and press have then notthing happens.

Did i do something wrong, the abbility to manualy say witch roms a have would be a big help since my large collection off roms have different names so it dus not recognise them

Sorry for my broken english, my language is dutch

I hope you can set me on the right track to find a sollution, Thanks in advance