1. OSW

OSW Wii King
    Former Staff

Well, that would surprise me considering that they claim almost identical power usage to an original cart. Then again, you are the one with the cart, and thus i have faith in in your comments.

2. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG]
    "Jeeze guys, get some new hobbies will you? You are jumping around screaming because a bunch of guys, who are getting paid millions, which you will never know or meet have/don't have the ball/puck."

Now I think I understand why these companies and release groups started calling themselves "teams".. they want the cheers of unknown strangers.

3. stinkingbob

stinkingbob Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    OSW,

We can finally agree to something.
    You stated:
    a better analogy would be;

would you buy a car without any good extras, that runs every time without fail, or would you buy a car with a mass of extras, that only runs 90% of the time, and at a potentially slower speeds.
    I would want the car that runs evertyime without fail (the DS-X) instead of the one that runs 90% of the time (AceKard).

So people, straight from OSW's mouth, go out and get a DS-X. It is much better and without the flaws of the Acekard.
    Thank you OSW. I knew you would come around and see that the DS-X is much better.
    B.

4. enarky

enarky owls?

Afghanistan
    Maybe they should start selling merchandise, like Baseball caps, Stickers or T-Shirts soon.

Honestly, this thread is ridiculous, it's really tiring wading through ten pages of the same repeating arguments. Those flashcard threads remind me of the movie groundhog day somehow, unfortunately there's no girl you can impress in the end.

5. OSW

OSW Wii King
    Former Staff

LMAO - [​IMG] twisting my words to suit you, you scoundrel.
    ... anyway, i have been rambling on a bit, arguing too much, that kind of mood. My apologies.

Lets be friends [​IMG]

6. gab10

gab10 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    The 100% support clear rom is true with using right TF card
    it start selling in china about half month and the end-users prove it, no need to argue with that
    may be u can say it is 99.9% as some of games cannot use download play
    but if u want to use Homebrew, true english interface,easy to use,confuse in the akfs file system,buy ds-x
    if u want more game support, cheaper price,buy acekard
    if u want to buy a perfect card
    wait until next year, may have [​IMG]

7. Extreme Coder

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    gab10, are you from the AceKard team? If so, please go inform your superiors WE NEED A FATLIB for this card to have any chance, with also non-buggy software.

8. trebus

trebus Member
    Newcomer

One thing I don't understand here is that if you support something that means you work under that company and is planning to convince people that the card is as good as possible. God forbids having some guy who is just a fan and if he say something nice he must be a developer.

9. Noobix

Noobix GBAtemp Fan

Well the DS-X got a massive 9.5 on launch with all it's starting flaws, and I'm waiting to see how it handles the next big bunch of new games. I think I will pick up an Acekard as is, simply for the 100% Rom compatability.

Like every other product currently on the market, of course there is room for improvement, and hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

Just knowing that any new game will work off the bat is cool, but I will couple it with my EZ4 lite since it also works as a passcard! Massive storage with 2x2GB!!! (60-70 games +vids etc ?)

Hope Santa figures out which one to buy.

Anywayz still early days! [​IMG]

10. gab10

gab10 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    i am not
    just a user [​IMG]
    i know yyjoy.com start sell it in china and send 8 samples to hk,8 to taiwan, thier review prove that [​IMG]
    may be u can go to acekard.com's forum express your opinion
    and the acekard team's production is low, hk and taiwan still not start selling [​IMG]

11. CCNaru

CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    Can someone check if this makes Castlevania Portrait of Ruin JAP crash or not? thanks.

12. shaunj66

OP shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    Where does the game normally crash? If someone has a Supercard sav near the crash I will happily test it.

13. nightwalker

nightwalker GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  14. Costello

Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

Excuuuse me princess (?), but what flaws are you talking about?
    The compatibility thing was a mistake from our part, (we tried 60 games - that includes playing until you can save, then reloading to check if the save works - that was pretty time sucking), out of all the games that we tried, only one didn't work, so we assumed our tests would be representative of the reality. Unfortunately more games were found non working, which resulted in a compatibility of approximately 97% instead of 99%. Two weeks later, a new firmware was released to fix the compatibility issues.

The DS-Xtreme really deserves its rating, believe me (if you don't want to believe me, buy one)

15. jpxdude

jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

from the bamboo site, the acekard works out to be ~£25 not bad!

16. Kamgusta

Kamgusta Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    SuperCard has the same old problems it had when was reviewed "long time ago": can't run some GBA games, slowdowns, bad-looking interface, etc. This wasn't the best example you could pick!
    If we had to "defend the potential, the idea behind", every flashcard should get "10+"...
    IF the team will be able to resolve the issue, I'm sure everyone will be pleased to change their mind and gave it better scores. Until then...

In Italy we have a proverb that says something like this: "Who spent life hoping, died in an uncertain date".

Very nice price, BTW!

17. stinkingbob

stinkingbob Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    I checked out the link to the bamboo website for the acekard. It sells for $65 Austrailian money, which xlates to around $60 USA if the online currency calculator is up-to-date. The site was xlated into english so the grammar wasn't all to good. So, I figure, 60 for the game, maybe 15 for shipping, and around 30 for a 1 Gig mini sd card when it is on sale. So, you are looking at about $105 for the ace Kard.
    Question is, from what you have read so far about the AceKard, do you risk it and buy it, spend an extra 40 and get the ds-x, or wait until soomething better comes along(hopefully soon)....
    OSW, I was playing with ya in the last post! Just joking with ya. You are cool, man. At least everyone here is expressing their opinions, sans ad hominen.
    Hey Shaun, how close are you to finishing up that review? I am dying to see if my rating predictionof 3.5/10 for the AceKard is true or not.

On another note, I am tired of turkey. Will be having turkey for the next 3-4 days.
    B.

18. simpson17

simpson17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    stinking bob towards the bottom on the lefthand side u can change the currency on bamboogaming to US dollars and they are charging $48.88
    and to make it fair why dont u get a 512mb flashcart from newegg, the PNY 512 model comes out to $19 but $23 after shipping since u had to order it from an extra place -
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820178124

so that would be about $72 compared to the ds-x's $125

19. OSW

OSW Wii King
    Former Staff

Do you know if theres any chance that download play can be fixed for the games that don't have it working?

also, is there different models of PNY 1GB microsd cards? cuz i'm looking at purchasing this one if its a good choice.

thx [​IMG]

20. cenotaph

cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If it's cheap, I might get one just for the hell of it. Could use it in conjunction with my M3 and have 2x2G cards or something. I'd have lots of games available, anyway... [​IMG]

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GBAtemp, AceKard, house