!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
basically, post the gba games that either you felt were underrated (put a 1 in front of game name); were really good but got no attention(put a 2); or you liked it and noone else did(put a 3)

mine:
- 1. star wars trilogy: apprentice of the force. it might've been short, but for the five or six straight hours i played and beat it, i was totally hooked and couldnt think of anything else.
- 2. TMNT. yes, it was a game based off a movie, but it was really damn good, ubisoft put a great effort into it. hand pixelled graphics, great fighting engine, etc etc. the nostalgia from the snes games is running all over my mind
- 2 and 3. Rebelstar: Tactical command. it's a great military tactics game, dunno why no one liked it.
- 1, 2, and 3: Lord of the Rings: Two Towers and Return of the King. yes, two more movie/book adaptations
- 1, 2 and 3 again!: Asterix and Obelix double pack (yknow, like 2 games in 1). okay, so this time it's a comic adaptation, but it's pretty wacky and fun, both of em.

now yours.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ya, TMNT is definitely a hidden gem.

I'll have to go with Alien Hominid as mine...short, but very entertaining
smile.gif

gba.gif

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Screw numbering.

Under-rated: Klonoa 1+2
No attention: Dragon Ball Advance Adventure
My fetish: Wario Ware Twisted (more like no-one else bothered to buy the cartridge)

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screw numbering.

Under-rated: Klonoa 1+2
No attention: Dragon Ball Advance Adventure
My fetish: Wario Ware Twisted (more like no-one else bothered to buy the cartridge)

I bought it. Had to since the game really didn't work as a rom. Even with the patch. There was no way I was going to play it like that, so I had to buy it.

I'm also going to go with Alien Hominid. I was playing the Gamecube version even before I knew of the GBA one.

Also DK: King of Swing. Freakin' love this game, and it doesn't get much attention.

That's all I can think of at the moment. There are still a ton of GBA games I have to play(the lesser known ones). And I'm going to start with the ones that silent sniper posted. So thank you for those.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did anybody really notice the WarioWare series? I LOVED it to bits (I finished the game and unlocked EVERYTHING) and I STILL find it fun even after 5 years. All my friends are still asking "wtf is WarioWare?"

I think this is THE most innovative type of game ever!

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I WISH I could have bought it here in europe. It was never released, and it seems you can't import it because of the tilt mechanism and mercury inside that fails to meet euro standards.
Fucking bullshit? Why, what else would politicians do?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Hitto lead was next on that hitlist meaning no decent solder and most of the decent electronics industry said screw this and left.

Hidden gems.
Not sure how hidden but Super Robot Taisen and Summon night. Fairly big in Japan but atlus only dragged them out when the DS was in full swing.
Medabots: aside from prebuilt bots only being used as enemies (random would have made so much more sense) it was a top notch RPG in my book (note there is a medabots AX game which is not what I am on about here).
Tales of Phantasia Euro with patch http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/130/ : The US version was rightly slated but for once Europe did not get screwed over and got a good version (bar the font for which the patch linked takes care of).

I find a lot of the platformers are worth a play too.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I WISH I could have bought it here in europe. It was never released, and it seems you can't import it because of the tilt mechanism and mercury inside that fails to meet euro standards.
Fucking bullshit? Why, what else would politicians do?
You, me and all the poor sods who preordered; that release date kept slipping for 2 years! Looking around on forums people have managed to buy from the US and import it to the UK though. I don't know how the regulations are with regards to importing individual items for personal use that are not being put up for sale.

That mercury thing was just a rumor, Nintendo never gave an official press release for the delays. (and if it is true then people suspect the rumble pack because they had no problems selling Yoshi's Tilt n' Tumble over here)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firehead03 said:
Dunno why Phantasy Star Collection didn't get noticed..

I noticed but the omission of Phantasy Star 4 was borderline criminal in my opinion. Also some fairly long standing save issues bothered it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the procesa