Homebrew GBARunner2 Having Graphical Issues with Aria of Sorrow

SuperMarioBrosWiiheeeeeee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically when I try to run Aria of Sorrow, thees a weird border on one side, and sometimes random bright colors. I was just wondering if it's just me because the site din't say it had graphical issues. If there's a solution that'd be greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: Shadow#1

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically when I try to run Aria of Sorrow, thees a weird border on one side, and sometimes random bright colors. I was just wondering if it's just me because the site din't say it had graphical issues. If there's a solution that'd be greatly appreciated :)
Runs prefect on my EZ-Flash IV, EZ-Flash Omega, Everdrive GBA X5 and M3 CF so idk man

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Runs prefect on my EZ-Flash IV, EZ-Flash Omega, Everdrive GBA X5 and M3 CF so idk man
How were you able to run GBARunner2 on them? :P

Hmm, im just running mine from a modded 3ds on twilight menu. I updated it but it just changed the weird colors so now konamia screen is half white half lime green
First off if there is no particular reason you're specifically using gbarunner2, then you should follow @fmkid's advice above and use open_agb_firm since you have a 3DS. If not there is also the usual agb_firm, which will run it as if it were running on a gba (for all intents and purposes).

Lastly if you indeed want to run it on GBARunner2 then make sure you're on the latest build, or better the latest DSP build.
Grab it from here:
https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner2/releases/tag/v20200809-113646_551ae99_dsp-audio
Get the one with _3ds at the end of the filename and put it on root of your SD card and run it as if it were a ROM through twilightmenu++.

Make sure to not skip the bios intro in gbarunner2 settings, to have an official gba bios named bios.bin in the SD/_gba/ folder.

Last edited by Zense,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well open_agb_firm seems to work a lot better and fixed audio issues with other games, but now some of my games are missing, including Aria of Sorrow even though they appear on mu SD Card.
Weird. Are that missing roms with a different file extension to .gba normal one (or with duplicate extension, like .gba.gba)? Or perharps are using long filenames? And all the .gba roms are in the same folder?

Also is possible that the list shown by open_agb_firm was disordered/messed-up, but that games are listed above after all (more if you have a big amount of .gba roms). Check that, please

SuperMarioBrosWiiheeeeeee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. Are that missing roms with a different file extension to .gba normal one (or with duplicate extension, like .gba.gba)? Or perharps are using long filenames? And all the .gba roms are in the same folder?

Also is possible that the list shown by open_agb_firm was disordered/messed-up, but that games are listed above after all (more if you have a big amount of .gba roms). Check that, please
I renamed them to be shorter, and Aria of Sorrow has a shorter name than Super Mario Advance 4: Mario 3, but SMA4 loads in. I have 6 total roms, all .gba and in same folder. All the .sav files are there and matching too if that matters. Should I maybe reinstall open agb?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I renamed them to be shorter, and Aria of Sorrow has a shorter name than Super Mario Advance 4: Mario 3, but SMA4 loads in. I have 6 total roms, all .gba and in same folder. All the .sav files are there and matching too if that matters. Should I maybe reinstall open agb?
For now, copy all your .sav files from your GBA games out from the SD card (there is, make a backup), then delete them (.sav files) from the SD card and try again with open_agb_firm.

If nothing happens, then try to get another copy of Aria of Sorrow .gba file (from the net) and test it with open_agb_firm.

Edit: Are you using the very latest version of open_agb_firm?

Last edited by fmkid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1