GBArms 32

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
g3small.gif
GBArms NewsHere are some great news for all GBArms users! After reading this, you should definitely be using it!

All screenshots, NFO and boxarts are now available for ALL games! ViNcZ from Planete-GBA has been working all the week, he has found out, taken & uploaded all missing screenshots and boxarts and NFOs... You can now download all those, since they're hosted on a free host with unlimited bandwidth! Just note that GBArms 3.0.1 might have errors with some boxarts... don't worry, it's been fixed.

• Here's a nice GBArms 32 preview! The first screen shows the new improved layout; the second one shows the rating system working fine; the third screen shows screens for game #1013 - now they're available for all games; the 4th one shows an HTML page generated with the "Export" function - check the page here; and the last one shows the main window translated in french with the translation system.

Click on a picture to enlarge it. Also note that GBArms 32 will also have its own rom renamer, with the "rename-inside-zips" feature thanks to Vinpire (man, you rock!)

• As GBArms may grow more important because of all this, I've decided to start a new board entirely dedicated to GBArms. It's in english, of course; and I post the URL as soon as the board is ready.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
have you noticed the new "Missing" screenshot? I must say thanks to ZiapaT from Playeradvance
smile.gif

and by the way... at first, this version was supposed to be v3.1, but people kept getting confused with 3.0.1 (they thought it was already v3.1)
then I decided to call it "v3.2"... and I finally thought v32 was even better!
laugh.gif

dont worry, next version will be v4 (or v3.3) and not 33 or 34!

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and by the way... at first, this version was supposed to be v3.1, but people kept getting confused with 3.0.1 (they thought it was already v3.1)
then I decided to call it "v3.2"... and I finally thought v32 was even better!
laugh.gif

dont worry, next version will be v4 (or v3.3) and not 33 or 34!
so, you first make version 3.0.1 then version 32, then version 4?
how is that less confusing?
call it 3.1.1 or 3.2 instead

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already use it every day but now when it will be cooler and more efficient then ever how often will I use it then
wink.gif
?!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
so, you first make version 3.0.1 then version 32, then version 4?
how is that less confusing?
call it 3.1.1 or 3.2 instead
I reckon it's confusing if you dont know that...
- v3.0.1 = v3.1 in people's mind
- v3.2 = 32
- next version = v3.3 (or v4.0, depending on the features I'll add)

padawan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Niger
With all these new Boxarts/Screenshots/NFOs of the games, will it be somehow possible to have some kind of display that shows you which Boxarts/Screenshots/NFOs are still missing ?
smile.gif

And if want to backup the Boxarts/Screenshots/NFOs then you just have to save all those pngs/jpgs and the nfo directory in the gbarms dir, right ?
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
With all these new Boxarts/Screenshots/NFOs of the games, will it be somehow possible to have some kind of display that shows you which Boxarts/Screenshots/NFOs are still missing ?
this is a good idea, i may add this feature in Gbarms32
smile.gif

but if you want to have them all, you can download everything, with the little box "Skip existing ressources" checked
happy.gif

QUOTEAnd if want to backup the Boxarts/Screenshots/NFOs then you just have to save all those pngs/jpgs and the nfo directory in the gbarms dir, right ?Â
if I understand right what you mean, I think the answer is "yes"...

padawan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Niger
The reason why I asked is that because I was (actually I still am) quite a n00b with your program I didn't change the dir for the Screenshots and Boxart, so now I got a few thousand files in the root dir of the app
wink.gif

I guess if I change the location for these files now, then the already d/l-ed files won't be moved by the program ?

Thanx a lot for your good work
wub.gif

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no, i think you're missing my point...
i mean, instead of calling it v32, call it v3.2
there's no reason to call it v32 except if it is a 32bit version, which it most likely is anyways.
kinda like mirc32.exe

otherwise you go from v3.0.1 to v32 and back to 3.3 or 4.0 again
THAT is confusing.
you should stick to ONE kind of version naming, or else people get confused.
if people get confused while you're still sticking to the same namingconvention, it's cause they're idiots...
who doesn't get that 3.1.0 is a newer version that 3.0.1?
all i'm saying, don't go from X.Y.Z to XY and then back to X

Daedalus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The reason why I asked is that because I was (actually I still am) quite a n00b with your program I didn't change the dir for the Screenshots and Boxart, so now I got a few thousand files in the root dir of the appÂ
wink.gif

I guess if I change the location for these files now, then the already d/l-ed files won't be moved by the program ?

Thanx a lot for your good workÂ
wub.gif
All you need to do is arrange icons by type, and view files by thumbnails. Sort out which are boxart, which are screen shots and which are title screens. You'll need to manually move them, but it shouldn't take longer than 15 mins or so to sort everything out
smile.gif

Then just change the folder path in GBArms for where they download to.

Sounds like some awesome additions there, and so glad to be able to get all current boxart. Have you got replacement boxart for-

0236 - Game Shark GBA (U)
0237 - Xploder Advance (E)
0651 - Barbie Groovy Games (E)
0958 - Pink Panther Pinkadelic Pursuit (U)
1442 - Animal Snap - Rescue Them 2 By 2 (U)
1444 - Antz Extreme Racing (U)

They seem to be the only odd ones I could find.

Hmm, is the database going to be updated soon, The latest release in my list is 1479, and just says "No new releases" when I try to update.

shadowboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
great news, costello! even my name is mentioned at the ratings tab! wohoooooo!
biggrin.gif

i also think a function where you can see your missing pics would be useful, as a download through all your pics (with skip existing selected) costs about half an hour or more....

glad to hear that the zip function makes it into the next release.....

can't wait to download this masterpiece.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse