GBArms 3.2 - Translations

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    [​IMG] GBArms 3.2 - Translations
    As you may know, GBArms 3.2 is coming soon - probably on Saturday or Sunday, as soon as the translations are ready. At the moment, there are 4 different translations: English, French, German (by Shady) and Italian (by Jack).
    Feel free to translate GBArms 3.2 with this tool: G3 Translator by Jack.
    Post your translations in this topic and they will be included in the setup file of GBArms 3.2.

Thanks in advance, Costello.

2. SnowMouse

SnowMouse Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2003
    Norway
    Bergen, Norway
    Just so everyone knows, I'm working on a Norwegian translation.
    I will edit the post with it when I finish.

edit:
    Okay, my first draft of the translation is now finished, but I can't figure out how to post it.

edit:
    The Norwegian translation has now been sent to Costello, so Norwegian will be available. Hooray for me, and the two other people who will be using it [​IMG]

3. NaVy_SeAl

NaVy_SeAl GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2003
    Portugal
    How to work this thing!!

4. bojzi

bojzi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2004
    Croatia
    Zagreb
  5. Skelv_tnt

Skelv_tnt GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2004
    In front of my computer ;)
    I'll try to do a spanish one [​IMG] that if the light doesn't go off, as yesterday [​IMG]

6. ShadowXP

ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 20, 2002
    I hope this program gets releases soon, Costello, I'm getting really excited about it. [​IMG]

As for translations, since French and English are already done, and I don't know any other languages, I guess I'll just sit back and wait. [​IMG]

Also, on another note, well done to bojzi for getting the Croatian one done. [​IMG]

7. rich2kay

rich2kay Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2003
    Netherlands
    I'll be making the dutch version

8. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    wow! thanks a lot for your translations!
    I'll wait a little (for your translations) and release the new version soon [​IMG]

*edit: I'll wait for a spanish translation [​IMG] (and why not a portuguese one?)

9. NaVy_SeAl

NaVy_SeAl GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2003
    Portugal
    Im doing a portuguse version !!!!

10. Skelv_tnt

Skelv_tnt GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2004
    The spanish translation is in progress. However, there are some words that may have a different meaning, but as i'm translating without knowing the context. anyway, once i finish it and try it i'll try to make it more accurate [​IMG]

Now i'm gonna have lunch and after eating i'll finish it

PS: i know there are lots of spanish ppl (and south american ppl, too) that would love to use your program, costello, but the language is a BIG disavantadge for them. there are other people that just are too lazy to speak in english forums and these things, though

11. SnowMouse

SnowMouse Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2003
    Norway
    Bergen, Norway
    I had the same problems when I did the Norwegian translation. I'll just change anything wrong when I do see it in context.

12. bojzi

bojzi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2004
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    np, glad to help out [​IMG]

13. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    oh you're supporting Spain at the Euro! I'm not sure I'll include your translation [​IMG]
    thanks [​IMG] I'm just waiting for yours and NavySeal's to release GBArms 3.2 [​IMG]

14. Overwhelming

Overwhelming GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2003
    I would like to know if there are any word size restrictions (as some potuguese words are bigger than english ones).

15. NaVy_SeAl

NaVy_SeAl GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2003
    Portugal
    I finish my portuguse translation !!!
    Costello i send my to our email ok !!!

16. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    lol i can only imagine your translation, your posts are all filled with bad grammar.

17. Skelv_tnt

Skelv_tnt GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2004
    mmm i'm having some problems with my computer, as the fun of the "feeding source" (don't know how it's usually called in english [​IMG] ) and it turns off in order not to get burned [​IMG]

anyway, i hope tonigh i'll have it ready. if not, i'm 100% sure tomorrow morning I'll have it (GMT+1, you know... [​IMG] )

PS: hey Costello, you MUST admit both that in Korea they stole us that match and that here France's having A LOT of luck (winning england in the last minute [being zidane sick as he was before thowing the penalty kick], the two "gifts" croatia gave you, etc...). I'm sure France'll win....you have what here in spain we call "the champion's luck" [​IMG]

18. Dragons Master

Dragons Master Advanced Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Iceland
    Karmiel
    hope i'm not too late costello
    Hebrew Version:
    http://www.dgemu.com/hebrew.ini

Hebrew is Right To Left tho - think about us guys in your next release lol [​IMG] - ohh yeah the translating has too many repeating stuff - i went crazy doin' that lol...

- Dragons Master

19. Overwhelming

Overwhelming GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2003
    Argh! The translator has a bug! I translated half of the file and when I saved, it didn't save all modified entries, and it did even delete some previously saved entries! I lost 90% of the work.

I quit. [​IMG]

20. Yonder

Yonder Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2003
    I'll be doing a Swedish translation for ya Costello. Expect an email soon.