Gbarms 2.1 and Goomba

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
GBArms 2.1 released

This is the fixed and enhanced version of Gbarms 2.0.
Most bugs are fixed, and the users' suggestions have been added.

See the change log in this thread,
download the ZIP file here.

Please post replies here.
Thanks to Madbob and JeX-

Goomba 1.0 released

[/p]
This is a GB Mono and SGB emulator for Gba !
Features (quoting from the official site)
- Runs Game Boy Mono and Super Game Boy games
- Already runs a lot of games.
- Save states
- PogoShell support
- Switchable border colors
- Switchable pallettes
- Familiar PocketNES style menu
Looks great!
Visit the official site here! (author doesn't allow posting direct download link)[/p]

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
Yay, now where can I get more screenshots?
wink.gif
All there is is F-Zero...

Alright, figured it out.
tongue.gif
It pays to look through the sip folder. XD;;

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One thing I noticed right away for the downloader is that it will download to the main folder for the default instead of the folders marked nfo and pics.

ditto_n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
O man, i have to get goomba, its written by flubba of pocketnes, so it should be pretty good. Anyone know if it runs at full speed or not?

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
O man, i have to get goomba, its written by flubba of pocketnes, so it should be pretty good. Anyone know if it runs at full speed or not?
That's exactly what I'm gonna check... Gimme a short while, and I'll post my results here right after!
happy.gif

- ViNcE989

Vince989

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well I put metroid 2 on it and it runs like a charm...I when I started goomba it automatically ran it....does this mean that it can support only one game at a time?
If you use Goomba Front, yes. For this reason, I'd definitely suggest using it as a pogoshell plugin, it's gonna work even better!
happy.gif
For that, take the Goomba.gba file , rename it to gb.bin , and move it in your PogoShell ".plugins" folder. Then, you can optionnally add it in the .shell/filetypes too, so you can associate your icon with it like I did, but it's not necessary. Once my cart is done flashing, I'll write some comments right here!
smile.gif

- ViNcE989

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
sweetnes...I have an EZFA...and even though pogoshell is now available I don't use it cuz it limits the amount of saves but that's good info...maybe someday they will make a tool to put more than 1 game on it I love the different pallete layouts =)

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
goomba (as it says on the front page) is an emulator that plays gameboy games, NOT gameboy advance games.
as I just learned the pogoshell version works with multi games
but the regular non pogoshell version does one game at a time...still nice tho...so in other words you do not need a Gameboy Bridge to run gameboy games any more. The speed seems great, the interface is like that of PocketNES, and the compatibility list is HUGE =) 1000 something games . this puts all other gb emulators to shame....the other ones are all slow or compatible with very few games.

by the way does this support gameboy color anyone? and if not. is there even a GBC emulator?

Vince989

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sweetnes...I have an EZFA...and even though pogoshell is now available I don't use it cuz it limits the amount of saves but that's good info...maybe someday they will make a tool to put more than 1 game on it I love the different pallete layouts =)
If you want to create a multiple-roms file to flash on EZFA, here's how :

QUOTE said:
Getting Started
Before you can use Goomba, you need to add some GB roms to the emulator. You can do this with various tools (Goomba Front etc.).

Or you can do it manual by using a "DOS" shell:

copy /b goomba.gba+game1.gb+game2.gb goombamenu.gba

you can also insert a splashscreen between goomba and the first game if you want to. Make sure the game's size are correct and that they contain a "real" Nintendo header, some unlicensed games seem to use their own headers.

(Source : http://goomba.bornonapirateship.com/tutorials.html )

If you want my opinion, you'd be better off with Goomba front!
happy.gif
It's made in a simple yet powerful way, and is really easy to use. It even allows you to change the names the games will have on the games list!
smile.gif

And, I tried it myself with PogoShell... It's a really GREAT emulator... It's built on the foundations PocketNES built, and it has all the great features it had, this time for GB roms. Yes, State Saving, Speed changing (slow-mo, normal, and fast mode), save compression, ALL THAT is in there! Humm, I guess I might play some GB games again...
rolleyes.gif

Great piece of code, don't miss it out!
happy.gif

Edit :
QUOTE(Myke @ Oct 24 2003, 07:18 PM)
by the way does this support gameboy color anyone? and if not. is there even a GBC emulator?

There were not even any great GB emus before, GBonGBA has been out since a while, but hadn't got a lot of attention... And now that we have got this one, I think GBonGBA is pretty much dead...
tongue.gif
Great work Flubba! And for the GBC, it's not been made yet, but if someone makes it, my best guesses go towards Flubba too...
rolleyes.gif

- ViNcE989

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol