Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Warioss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody I'm Italian, so I apologize in advance for possible errors. I own this R4: http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Produ...n_R4_cartridge_for_NDS_NDSL20093161024324.jpg it is original and I downloaded the kernel wood 1.45 to this link: http://www.r4ds.me/download/wood-r4-v1.45-kernel.html as advised. It works well. At this point I follow your guide:
1. Download and unpack the latest Version (link) to the root of your SD
2. gba roms and copy the homebrews you want to play to your flashcard (I created a folder "GBA ROM" where I put the ROM: "1695 - Pokemon- Fire Red Version (E). Agb " and another " 1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E).gba")
3. I try to launch the ROMs with the recommended settings
"default (Pokemon Red)
sound on
scal off
vskip 0
vsync 159
newirq "

but it doesn't work,it gives me this error message: http://i48.tinypic.com/16glus3.jpg.
How do I fix this?

PS: if I download "rev.40 hyper speed up only" I can play pokemon fire red, but I wish I could play "gbaemu4ds alpha 1 fix1." Thanks in advance!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update:
I understand where I wrong : I extract the alpha 1 but not in the root of the R4 but in another floder, while _rpg had to overwrite. In every way I could launch forceHBlanksound Pokemon Fire Red, emulation is the same that I got with the "hyper speed up rev.40 only" but it is added the background sound , it's perfect but it is just the background sound, not the one for the actions. The bug I noticed that persist are:
1. the tilesets that are not stable
2. The saves must always be executed with the menu "A + B + L + R".

If you find yourself with what I said, you tell me. Look forward to seeing new updates by ichichfly.

Pokecix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i really need help.I put my 1237 - Pokemon Sapphire (E)(Independent).abg rom into sd and tried to open it.First it didnt opened so i tried some options and it worked but...There is no sound!Its saying (E) Roms got sound in compitability list!How im supposed to make it work with sound?Please help :)

EDIT:I got a R4i-SDHC 3DS
Latest version

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i really need help.I put my 1237 - Pokemon Sapphire (E)(Independent).abg rom into sd and tried to open it.First it didnt opened so i tried some options and it worked but...There is no sound!Its saying (E) Roms got sound in compitability list!How im supposed to make it work with sound?Please help :)

EDIT:I got a R4i-SDHC 3DS
Latest version

After selecting a gba file and setting what you want, choose a selection that ends with sound.

Pokecix

Trophies
XP
Country
After selecting a gba file and setting what you want, choose a selection that ends with sound.

Tried All the the options that ends with sound..But the main tune of the game that appears everywhere is missing.Uh its really annoying.I pressed A at All other options that appears before game.Any ideas?Or Dead end?

Here is what happaned:http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=NPYTnLOnMmY
I tried to add vid to here but it didnt worked lol

And how to save the game?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tried All the the options that ends with sound..But the main tune of the game that appears everywhere is missing.Uh its really annoying.I pressed A at All other options that appears before game.Any ideas?Or Dead end?

Here is what happaned:http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=NPYTnLOnMmY
I tried to add vid to here but it didnt worked lol

And how to save the game?

Save ingame and press the Y button.
Wait for the next Update

Hello everybody I'm Italian, so I apologize in advance for possible errors. I own this R4: http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Produ...n_R4_cartridge_for_NDS_NDSL20093161024324.jpg it is original and I downloaded the kernel wood 1.45 to this link: http://www.r4ds.me/download/wood-r4-v1.45-kernel.html as advised. It works well. At this point I follow your guide:
1. Download and unpack the latest Version (link) to the root of your SD
2. gba roms and copy the homebrews you want to play to your flashcard (I created a folder "GBA ROM" where I put the ROM: "1695 - Pokemon- Fire Red Version (E). Agb " and another " 1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E).gba")
3. I try to launch the ROMs with the recommended settings
"default (Pokemon Red)
sound on
scal off
vskip 0
vsync 159
newirq "

but it doesn't work,it gives me this error message: http://i48.tinypic.com/16glus3.jpg.
How do I fix this?

PS: if I download "rev.40 hyper speed up only" I can play pokemon fire red, but I wish I could play "gbaemu4ds alpha 1 fix1." Thanks in advance!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update:
I understand where I wrong : I extract the alpha 1 but not in the root of the R4 but in another floder, while _rpg had to overwrite. In every way I could launch forceHBlanksound Pokemon Fire Red, emulation is the same that I got with the "hyper speed up rev.40 only" but it is added the background sound , it's perfect but it is just the background sound, not the one for the actions. The bug I noticed that persist are:
1. the tilesets that are not stable
2. The saves must always be executed with the menu "A + B + L + R".

If you find yourself with what I said, you tell me. Look forward to seeing new updates by ichichfly.

You can also use the Y button to save the save

ADD : Year I got Pokemon creepy black gbc Version
and the new Version has this Intro picture hope it is working soon can't wait to play it
b3b0876e575bcfa63e4e57aa56d3ffbb.jpg

all the Pokemon Black Versions are amazing hope I can get the missing 2 as well they are very rar
ADD 2 : I really hope the new Version won't get blocked by an update

Reactions: Warioss

Pokecix

Trophies
XP
Country
Save ingame and press the Y button.
Wait for the next Update

Was playing fire red.I saved the game normally then went to oaks lab and pressed Y there and game started from the original save but not Y save

EDIT:I better use the normal saving instead of Y button lol normal saving works but Y dont :P

Lkjhhhhguyfj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm new here and i have a dsi that im trying to play .gb .gba .gbc rom files on but no matter what i download onto my sd card.. nothing works, i tried following the instruction posted... but nothing i try works... can someone either post a video explaining how to play, starting all the way from step 1: downloading.... or can someone just help me?!?!?!?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
i'm new here and i have a dsi that im trying to play .gb .gba .gbc rom files on but no matter what i download onto my sd card.. nothing works, i tried following the instruction posted... but nothing i try works... can someone either post a video explaining how to play, starting all the way from step 1: downloading.... or can someone just help me?!?!?!?
You can't run anything from the SD card. You need a flash cart.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-dsi-3ds-hacking-f-a-q.278137/

Warioss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can also use the Y button to save the save

Thanks! You're doing an excellent job!!

ADD : Year I got Pokemon creepy black gbc Version
and the new Version has this Intro picture hope it is working soon can't wait to play it
b3b0876e575bcfa63e4e57aa56d3ffbb.jpg

all the Pokemon Black Versions are amazing hope I can get the missing 2 as well they are very rar
ADD 2 : I really hope the new Version won't get blocked by an update

O_O! Can u give me your mail? I'd like to contact u in private to ask u something about Pokemon creepy black gbc Version

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am unable to dump the gbc card the only thing I got is the space from 0x100 to 0x150 the Byte at 0x14D and the name is different from the original. The other space on my dump is only 0xDE 0xAD repeated all over the dump. Also I am pretty sure the gbc game I got is a remake of the hacked game as some things are different.

ADD: and I have it from the Person who sad that there are 2 other games and someone is working on a new nds creepy Pokemon mod.

Sorry I won't have time to work on the emulator for some time.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unable to dump the gbc card the only thing I got is the space from 0x100 to 0x150 the Byte at 0x14D and the name is different from the original. The other space on my dump is only 0xDE 0xAD repeated all over the dump. Also I am pretty sure the gbc game I got is a remake of the hacked game as some things are different.

ADD: and I have it from the Person who sad that there are 2 other games and someone is working on a new nds creepy Pokemon mod.

Sorry I won't have time to work on the emulator for some time.

:( Nuts...

thunder_gun1

Trophies
XP
Country
ichichfly i have some requests.
can you fix the sound for max payne? it carckles during cutscenes.
fix mortal kombat deadly alliance and tournement edition? the health bar flickers and the stage is missing.
fix metroid zero mission? the sound doesnt work well and it crashes after i get the morph ball.
and can you fix gta advance?
you dont have to do it right away. i was just exploiting some issues.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
How about everyone just relax?
You guys aren't giving him anything and are expecting the world in return.
He's doing stuff no one was said possible and you just keep hassling him.
Sit back and just remember that.

Reactions: loco365

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Dude, its not like I am impatient, its just that this project hasn't got an update for a veryyy long time
And its very unlike ichfly to not update his work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC