Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey ichichfly maybe you can try to organize your first post more.
For example you can put your changlogs in osquote tags.(Like how VatoLoco does it.)
Maybe you also upload your files on Filetrip rather than Mediafire
Your first post seem to point everywhere and maybe you can lay it out like putting putting the downloads and info in separate places rather than mixing them all up.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The emulator works in DS and DSi mode, the latter has the benefits of running larger roms.

i've had mixed results using an ievo, i can't imagine that anyone is trying to emulate gba homebrew in ds-mode.

-another world
To be honest both modes are pathetic, it's more like a concept that you can emulate GBA games on the system but very slow with no sound.

Reactions: 1 person

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update r18

I will make a tutorial how to use the emulator soon.

The emulator works in DS and DSi mode, the latter has the benefits of running larger roms.

i've had mixed results using an ievo, i can't imagine that anyone is trying to emulate gba homebrew in ds-mode.

-another world
To be honest both modes are pathetic, it's more like a concept that you can emulate GBA games on the system but very slow with no sound.

with the hyperspeeup Version most games work full speed but most games crash
with hwspeedup most games work but very slow

-another world

Newer Versions no more run in DSi mode. Because my iEVO is broken.

Hey ichichfly maybe you can try to organize your first post more.
For example you can put your changlogs in osquote tags.(Like how VatoLoco does it.)
Maybe you also upload your files on Filetrip rather than Mediafire
Your first post seem to point everywhere and maybe you can lay it out like putting putting the downloads and info in separate places rather than mixing them all up.

I have put them in a Spoiler

I will sorter the downloads and infos soon.

Does the gba emulator (the hyper one) make sav files? so that i can play games which require save file like (pokemon) or (beyblade)

Yes press A+B+L+R and than save save it will create a save file if it is possible

ADD: Please help me with the Compatibility list http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update r19

added: now reads (dma and normal) from rom above the ram buffer work (now reads from any part of the rom work however execution is limited to lowern ~ 2,9 MByte)

ADD: This use _DLDI_readSectors and _DLDI_writeSectors while the fake mmu is running and the bioscalls are hooked

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update r20

-inc. executable size to more than 3 Mbyte
-cleaned it up a bit
-speed up loading

ADD: some commercial gba games may run now so test it.
ADD2:
Disable irq hooks
go to "START/Einstellungen/Patches" and disable "Reset in Homebrew"

Yaseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update r20

-cleaned it up a bit
-speed up loading

ADD2:
Disable irq hooks
would it run any pokemon games

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update r20

-cleaned it up a bit
-speed up loading

ADD2:
Disable irq hooks
would it run any pokemon games
Most likely not, as the sizes of most Pokemon games exceed the size limit given

DennysSparks

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey , well i`ve trying so long to emulate some gba roms , but ... can someone tell what can i do , i wanna play "astroboy omega factor " in a r4 flashcard in a ds lite , but what version i may use ? ( sorry for my english , it stinks )

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
hey , well i`ve trying so long to emulate some gba roms , but ... can someone tell what can i do , i wanna play "astroboy omega factor " in a r4 flashcard in a ds lite , but what version i may use ? ( sorry for my english , it stinks )
Well, you use the hwspeedup file (back about pg.28) for roms over 3MB, but it will run at about 2fps.
If you want to emulate GBA games get a DSTWO, or if you plan on not upgrading DS models, get a SLOT-2 flashcart.

Reactions: 1 person

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, you use the hwspeedup file (back about pg.28) for roms over 3MB, but it will run at about 2fps.
If you want to emulate GBA games get a DSTWO, or if you plan on not upgrading DS models, get a SLOT-2 flashcart.

no the 3 MB limit is only exeutable space the gba emu can emulate reads from everywhere in the rom. Most games only use the loweren arear for code and the other for data. So you have to test if the game works because the emulator is still buggy.

DennysSparks

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

no the 3 MB limit is only exeutable space the gba emu can emulate reads from everywhere in the rom. Most games only use the loweren arear for code and the other for data. So you have to test if the game works because the emulator is still buggy.

well i gonna try , but what version can i use if the rom that i wanna run it above of 3 mb in a r4 flaschar in ds lite

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

well i gonna try , but what version can i use if the rom that i wanna run it above of 3 mb in a r4 flaschar in ds lite

Try rev.20 hyper speed if it is not working try hwspeedup beta 1

DennysSparks

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Try rev.20 hyper speed if it is not working try hwspeedup beta 1

Well i've trying with rev.20 but it works , i dont know the beta is better , maybe dont amulate the gba roms but congratulations you make a good work with the homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it