GBAChef: Your favourite "seasonal" foods.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gbachef-png.3459

So a discussion about the horror that is the McDonalds temporary rib thing came up and I ended up reading a nice article on the whole mcrib vs pork price "theory" ( http://www.theawl.com/2011/11/a-conspiracy-of-hogs-the-mcrib-as-arbitrage ).

Anyway what foods do you really like that you can only get intermittently, I am also counting things like not eating stew except for winter months and if a favourite food commands a silly high price outside of a few months a year.

Obviously the mcrib is not something that will grace my gullet any time soon and I can happily live without cream eggs. What I do miss save for the month and a half or so of year they are around is blood oranges. They are about the size of normal oranges but they have a slightly red flesh and are very nice (that little bit sweeter for me).

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I can't really think of much that differs seasonally for me that I can't get any other time of the year that I particularly enjoy. Contrary to what TyBlood mentioned above me, I find Cadbury Creme Eggs at just about any shop with a sizable candy/chocolate selection all year round. I know they're limited in the UK, but I usually have no troubles finding them here. :unsure: Which I love, so if I ever have a hankering for a Creme Egg I'll just grab one or 2 whenever.

I'm not really fond of any seasonal fast food items like the Mc Rib or the St Patrick's Day shake things at McDonalds and such, and I really can't think of any foods I enjoy that aren't readily available all the time, or foods that I only eat during certain seasons or whatever. :unsure:

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we are talking food we only eat a certain time of the year then id say that I dont have one except maybe kettle corn durring the winter Or thanksgiving turkey(before i get sick of it)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, mashed potatoes can't be made with "fresh potatoes" because of the starch or something...
Shrimp with darker roe is also very limited. Crayfish is an autumn thing here.
We often eat a christmas buffet on midsummer as well (and some eat it at easter as well, but that's different for different families).
Apart from that I can't think of any seasonal thing here.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, mashed potatoes can't be made with "fresh potatoes" because of the starch or something...
Shrimp with darker roe is also very limited. Crayfish is an autumn thing here.
We often eat a christmas buffet on midsummer as well (and some eat it at easter as well, but that's different for different families).
Apart from that I can't think of any seasonal thing here.

Oh that reminded my id put crawfish as my favorite seasonal food!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
VinsCool do you sell yourself?

Anyway ribs are pretty good but i can get them all year long

It actually a collab with my father and myself.
We made really good BBQ last summer.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly, my point being that I'd eat burgers or pizza anytime as it is always seasonal. ;O;
It is that kind of logic that leads to "well it is after work somewhere" before knocking back your sixth shot of whiskey at 10am, or, potentially far more troubling, eating a second box of after eight mints.

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is that kind of logic that leads to "well it is after work somewhere" before knocking back your sixth shot of whiskey at 10am, or, potentially far more troubling, eating a second box of after eight mints.
Yes because mints are wayyy more dangerous then whiskey (or they are atleast when you have a gun)

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though whiskey is fighting juice for many of mine (not sure about me, all I know is wild turkey gives people not used to it a vicious hangover) you clearly have never come into contact with a mint fiend

^
It is a bit like that, only noisier.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though whiskey is fighting juice for many of mine (not sure about me, all I know is wild turkey gives people not used to it a vicious hangover) you clearly have never come into contact with a mint fiend

^
It is a bit like that, only noisier.

My sister and aunt are just like that about mints. especially on any chocolate and mint products

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here