Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gbachef-png.3459

Trying a topical GBAChef today. Personally I have long held turkey to be the most boring meat, and for many it is inexorably linked to Christmas meals.

However, and it is a trend I see going wider, most places I have been for the last 5 years at least, and before that it was one given by work for someone that meant it was free so might as well, we have done anything but turkey. Today was a leg of lamb, previously beef, goose somewhere in the mix, did some really fancy chicken one year, beef ribs another, duck somewhere else, I am not a great one for pork or ham but had those a few times as well. All traditional UK style herbs and gravy picked to go with the meat in question affair rather than a tagine, curry or similar in my case but your options are not restricted if say chicken balti is going to be your meal of choice.
What have you done as an alternative to turkey as a Christmas roast, or whatever meal you decide to do around this time of year (most years we seem to be doing dinners every other day until January)? Anything notable? Did you have to mix up the sides to match more (granted roast veg, roast potatoes and mashed swede goes with most things).

If you have succumbed and gone down the path of dubious life decisions and are a vegetarian then if you have a nice vegetarian roast of some form then you can also share that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread