he must have a little jetpack
biggrin.gif

slightlyaskew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is an awesome awesome platform game from the Amiga (TEAM17 if I'm not much mistaken). Those who love games like Bubble Bobble, Rodland, Snow Bros etc... will love this one. Shame the GBA version probably doesn't have 2 player option. If only there was a DS version with 2 player wifi, that would rule...

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is an awesome awesome platform game from the Amiga (TEAM17 if I'm not much mistaken). Those who love games like Bubble Bobble, Rodland, Snow Bros etc... will love this one. Shame the GBA version probably doesn't have 2 player option. If only there was a DS version with 2 player wifi, that would rule...

Yup the almighty QWAK. Released in 1993 by TEAM17. Ooohh what a lovely game that was. The GBA remake is by the original coder, cause he has the rights for the title.

http://hol.abime.net/2272/screenshot

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was waiting ages for this, mobile version was decent too.

Team 17 should do a compilation!

qwak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dang pesky pirates! Wonderfull. lol.

I'm actually the (starving) developer of this game.

Is it possible for me to download this from anywhere? I'm just curious, I don't want or need to download it, obviously as I actually have it and own the I.P.

I may actually consider hosting this (legally) myself, and ask people downloading it to make a donation, at their own discretion. This would help fund development of the new PC version ... hehe.

I'd just like to negate any attempt to illegally host this game. Though of course, I really really want people to love and enjoy the game too.

P.S. The official web-site for the game is www.QWAK.co.uk

P.P.S. I really am very poor developer trying to make living with what I love to do, and all procceeds from this game go direct to the developer of it, not some faceless corporation.

P.P.P.S. Go check it out now, thats, www.QWAK.co.uk

qwak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Jan 24 2007, 10:09 PM)]Yo developer, one quick question.

Is it pronounced like the word Quack or Kuh-waak?

Yo dude
wink.gif

I just pronounce it 'quack' ... perhaps a little more pronounced on the 'w' ...

hehe.

qwak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are people who bought the game after trying the rom (someone didn't know the port existed before).
wink.gif

BTW is the italian translation done with babelfish?
tongue.gif

Yeah, I think I maybe over-react a little. Thank you to all who bought the game.
smile.gif

I'm just curious still about QWAK spreading as a .GBA rom file. I just like to understand the dynamics of it.

It could well be a good thing for me. The URL is on the title page of the game, so it can attract traffic to my site where people can find out about the game, and also find out about PC version in time ...

I'm toyng with the idea of hosting the .GBA rom file on my site; on a special page, just to let people know a little more about me, and the story of the game, and the ethos of QWAK (what it's really about). Also to offer it as a download, where people can make a donantion at their own discresion.

How does that sound?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you have only 300 copys of your game so why not share it with the world without chraging £15 you can get a ps2 game for that. bring the price down a bit and more people may buy it
biggrin.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is pretty good. Commercial quality and very fun.

Though what isnt there a demo rom of this game on the site?
Ive tried that and from that Ive found it a rather fun and worth the money game.

I just hope I can get one before they sell out. I already have the GBAdev.org 2k4 compo cart, need more homebrew sold carts xD

To explain a bit how the rom thing works, this rom is aparently being released as an XXXX number release. Wich means it wont fall in place with the official roms in the rom set collections. However some rom collections (like goodtools goodsets) would include homebrew roms including XXXX titles I beleive.

So dont worry about your game getting too spread out, as not every rom sharer will hold the game. So most likely it'll only spread becuase its a good game as a rom like this.

Its good to see the dev come here and talk about it, I think that alone encourages sales among rom collecters.
For me, Its just fun to have a cart you know no one else in the area or even state will have it.

But still, if you wanna try the game, the demo seems to offer enough to see how good it really is.

Cant wait to see the PC version now :3

Again this game is worth buying. After all, you get it in a cart. And carts work instantly on the hardware. Plus its a good game. And its cheap.

Homebrew rules :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte