GBA #XXXX - Qwak (E)

Empyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsbrew.com
XP
Country
It hasn't appeared in OLL as its not numbered, it doesn't appear in advanscene either for the same reason but it has been posted to usenet.

I'd assume its now in nointro and the good tools (I don't follow those).

I did a hunt on eMule and got a hit for the adf and the symbian version but not the gba yet.

It doesn't appear on any of the major torrent sites either.

It'll be available on irc by now but I don't go there (I'm too old for all that script kiddy stuff) so I cant check

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as I played the pirated version on Amiga and mobile, I'd thought I'd finally buy this, but £15? Bit much these day I reckon for an old game but I would "donate" probably up to £10 if you did the GBA rom on your site.

qwak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the information, very much apprecieated, thank you.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the price. If (and more likely, when) I host a download version of the game, I'll have a donate button, and leave it up to the person to decided if and how much they want to donate; whatever they feel individually the game is worth (may have a suggested donation of £10, I'd be genuinely grateful for any donation).

Also, as it's an unlicnesed game, I may well need to save up my pennies, to fight legal battles ... EEEK!

I really want people to play and enjoy the game.

Well, thanks once again for all you comments.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read about this game today in the retro section of GamesTM. Said that before Worms was created, Team 17 played this in every spare time they had. Sure is nice that the original creator is posting in this thread.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the information, very much apprecieated, thank you.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the price. If (and more likely, when) I host a download version of the game, I'll have a donate button, and leave it up to the person to decided if and how much they want to donate; whatever they feel individually the game is worth (may have a suggested donation of £10, I'd be genuinely grateful for any donation).

Also, as it's an unlicnesed game, I may well need to save up my pennies, to fight legal battles ... EEEK!

I really want people to play and enjoy the game.

Well, thanks once again for all you comments.
I just wonder - is it possible to redistribute the game on a Lite sized cartridge?
unsure.gif

If that's not the case, I guess I'll just have to buy it on the 'plain' cartridge and download
the dump (if that's alright with you).

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is wonderful!
smile.gif
I hope I'll be able to get the cart for my collection in time...
unsure.gif
More people should release unlicensed carts.
smile.gif
Or even sell downloadable homebrew games. I wonder if there would be a market for that.

D

Deleted_11405

when seeing this it reminds me a little to pippols(msx)?? nice fruits they look very sweet
smile.gif

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there would be a small market for unlincesed homebrew games as long as the price is affordable...

I quite like puzzle homebrew games, I mean homebrew puzzle games are more orginal then those at retail.

qwak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I'm seriously considering hosting a .GBA rom file of the full version of QWAK.

Allowing people to download it, with a donation (will have a recommended amount, but you'll be able to donate as much or little as you like).

I realise that there's a .GBA rom file of QWAK doing the rounds aleady (not sanctioned by me!), so my question is, would this be of interest to anyone? Is it worth me doing it?

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
J

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1