Hardware GBA which only runs GB games but not GBA games???

Adurna_35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As said in the title, I have a GBA which runs all my Gameboy games fine but chrashes when trying to play a regular GBA game, either immediately after the GBA logo or after starting the game form the game menu. I tried to play the Minish cap, Pokemon saphier and Mariocart with the faulty GBA (Only Minish cap didn't crash immediately) . Does someone have an Idea what the problem could be? Could it be the cardtridge reader? Should I replace it or is it something else?
Thanks in advance!

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First easy thing to try is cleaning the contacts of the cartridge connector, and making sure nothing looks bent or damaged. If that doesn't do it, then someone with more hardware know-how than me will have to help you.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What I do is I take a GBC cart, open it up, and fold some paper over the contacts of the PCB and reassemble it. Then I quickly add isopropyl alcohol to the paper, and slide it the cartridge and out of the cartridge slot a few times to clean the contacts. It does an amazing job, truly. I work fast enough to clean 3 Gameboys at a time before the alcohol dries.

Adurna_35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First easy thing to try is cleaning the contacts of the cartridge connector, and making sure nothing looks bent or damaged. If that doesn't do it, then someone with more hardware know-how than me will have to help you.
Sadly I have alredy tried cleaning everything. I just don't want to replace the whole cartridge reader, just to find out that this isn't the problem. Do you think that there is any chance at all that it will work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, spamton g spamton