GBA VC Titles in emuNand?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by smileyhead, Apr 3, 2016.

1. smileyhead
    OP

smileyhead Occasional Reporter

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    I've downloaded a Virtual Console Title from "That Chaos Site", (SMA3 + e-Reader Levels) and I get a Black-Screen error when launching it, before the 3DS Logo could appear. The maker of the inject said that VC Titles don't work on unlinked Nands, but I already have two other VC Titles and they work. So what's up with that?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No GBA or DSi games work on emunand, and they also require a patched AGBFIRM or TWLFIRM on sysnand (although you can install GBA games on both, where the emunand copy will work as a forwarder).

"VC Titles don't work on unlonked Nands" is too generic, it's only true for virtualized software (GBA, DSi), not for emulated games

3. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    That's weird, because I already have a couple of DSi games too, and they work.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    On emunand only? Then you must have a CFW that applies patches on the fly...

5. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    Nah, I have the DSi games on sysNand also, but if the emuNand copies work as a forwarder, why doesn't the GBA game work? It's installed in sysNand.

6. goncalodoom

goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    portugal
    If your emunand is unlinked then GBA games wont work.