GBA Tech Demo

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by falcon64z8, Apr 18, 2007.

Apr 18, 2007

GBA Tech Demo by falcon64z8 at 8:21 AM (595 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. falcon64z8
    OP

Member falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I found this at Destructiod and it show a pretty impressive GBA game engine. Now if since the DS is like two GBA duct tape together and the gba is capable of doing this I would imagine that the DS could do even greater! But since most developers are lazy so it is most likely it will happen. Although, I must say Mario 3 on 3 is probably the best graphics I seen on the DS even though the game sucks.

http://www.destructoid.com/gba-tech-demo-s....phtml#comments

More vids
    http://media.gameboy.ign.com/articles/377/377395/vids_1.html

2. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Nintendogs and FF3 both look better. Anyway, wait 5 years and we'll be seeing graphics that are near (if not at [​IMG]) dreamcast quality on the ds!

I hope...

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The DS is more like 4 to 6 GBAs duct taped together, in terms of processing power. Also, running a game, with AI and controls and all sorts of other stuff to process will never leave as much processing power available for graphics as a tech demo uses, where there is nothing but graphics (and maybe sound) to process.

Still, that looks pretty good for the crappy little 16.7 mhz. processor in the GBA.

4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    After playing Payback and VRally3 I'm inclined to believe the GBA can do much more than usual games, and even hit games, have made us think.