Hacking GBA Supercard minisd problem

Tokopimv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i bought a supercard miniSD recently, and it works quite well on my ds lite. I also have an original GBA(AGB-001) but it doesn't work in that one. The files come up as giberish japanese text, or the filenames are scrambled.
exaple:

Pokemon and the amazing mirror
Kirby fire red
Super Mario Wornightmare in dreamland

Does anyone know how to fix this? it does work on my ds lite and my gba SP. If it helps i could upload a video.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I suspect that there is a letter limit here. ("Super Mario Wor" is 15 letters, possibly alluding to to an overflow of some sort.)
I think renaming the games to a name that is less than 16 letters would help. ("PokemonFire"/"FireRed"/"PkmnFireRed"; "KirbyNightmare"/"KirbyDreamland"; "MarioWorld")

Tokopimv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That didn't work... I think the names aren't the problem, but the way the gba tries to load the roms. It can't load any of them properly, and if it does they freeze within 10 seconds. It also can't load them when the names are japanese, which it does in addition to scrambling the names.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yes, but that shouldn't be a problem, right? i got the conveter thing with the cartridge.
Yea they can cause all kinds of issues, try a real miniSD card.

My EZ-Flash IV has similar issues with adapters (although I did find a combo it liked as I have tones of flash media) so maybe check out DX.com or Ebay for a miniSD they go up to 2GB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou