GBA Successor Planned!

GBAfreak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
they have to keep making 2D games when this is out. Just a bigger metroid(in 2D) with everything in FMV and a lot of movies!!! that would be cool!

WraithGR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How can the ngage play old ps1 games? i thought it wasn't even strong enough to play gba-quality games
blink.gif

Dranzer

Rom-Source Admin/Rep
Trophies
Website
www.Rom-Source.com
XP
Country
United States
I still think a 64bit handheld is what they are making, oh and who said the N64 was 128bit ? Ummm Nintendo"64" note the quotations...

But the new handheld will probably follow as the console first there was 8 bit than 16bit now 32 bit next inline would have to be 64...

root02

[email protected], GroG Minion, and 2nd Biggest Gee
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
The N-Gage does NOT play PSOne games! He was referring to the version of Tomb Raider being released for the n-gage; which, but for the lacking screen resolution, is identical to the PC and PSX version. the N-Gage games are all written specifically for the N-Gage. And then it will also play the Java Midlet games. And play MP3s. and midi files. and is a GSM phone. and has BLUETOOTH support (WHOOPEEE!!!!).

If the next Nintendo handheld IS 64-bit, or, heck, 32-bit with some sort of 3D accelleration capabilities, then ROCK ON!!!!
Mario64 in the palm of my hand... Smash Brothers while sitting on the loo...
HINT HINT NINTENDO!?!?

but then, I just realized that I just rehashed the idea the big N had with the GBA... Bring back the old games!!! Can we start with some originality this time?

B

bouncer

Of course the new GB will be frontlit/backlit. Nintendo has the technology now to have frontlit and still keep the 10+ batterlife. They've had the tech even before the gba came out to make a 64 bit handheld. 2 years ago there was no point though. I'm fairly sure that the new handheld will exceed the power of the N64. That will give them the excuse of making ports. They'll probably be adding 4 more buttons to the present total. I'm also guessing that Nintendo is going to joint release the new GB and there next console. The release dates will probably be within the same month.
To the people that don't think the next gba won't be 64 bit+ :

As of now they could make a portable versoin of the GC. It's all marketing.
Nintendo has no reason to put more time and effort into something that'll cost them more to develop when they don't have any serious competion.

Omero

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
I hope it'll have a bigger screen, and this time make it with a front-lit one (at the first attempt). So I don't wast my money buying two same but diffrent GameBoys, I hope they plan this right this time.
I would rather prefer a BACKLIT screen, for a more vivid and colorful screen
smile.gif

But it's also true that a BACKLIT screen drains a lot more batteries than a front lit screen (especially since you think that you can't turn off the light in a backlit screen.. it's always on, even when you wouldn't need it, like just under a lamp).

TackleTenn0rzTen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im shocked.... we have barely had time to purchase sp. i do not believe that nintedno would make a new handheld.... because they have no competiters..... could you please post the source from which you obtained this information?
it will probably take a while for them to fully develop it or something

however

if they actually RELEASED a new turbowhoppin handheld the next week, wouldn't you (at least be interested in) buy(ing) it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh