Hardware GBA SPs, where to find 'em?

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm looking for an SP. Sadly, the only ones I can find are used at Gametraders (in the most horrid conditions), the new ones they have are bright pink (...no). eBay has some used ones but they're all auctions; I'm more of a fan of buy-it-nows; easier, less luck needed. Does anyone know where to get SPs in Victoria (preferably around Melbourne) or online? I'd really like to get back into the world of the SP! Thanks in advance!

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
get a GBMicro! I have one and it's great, it's so tiny it's easy to carry in any pocket. comes with a little felt bag so you don't have to worry about the screen getting scratched.

for ebay, get jbidwatcher, and read how to setup 'multisnipe'. it'll snipe many auctions until you win one, then it'll stop. basically you find a bunch of GBASP's (or whatevers), load them all up, set your bid price, and then come back in a day or two to see if any won.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to get an SP for the classic (pre-advance) games, emulators aren't the same and I previously owned a micro.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
i've seen some at EB games. I live in vic too by the way.

I want to get a micro for times where i can't be bothered to use my sp. plus they lool cool! if possible, i want to make a (chanses are fake) Mother 3 and Game and watch skin for it.

GAM-003-1.jpg

GameBoyMicro_Unit.jpg

and also, a black one to match my DSL and SP

800px-Game_boy_micro_all_black.JPG

wait.. what are GBM skins made of? caus if i make skins, theyll be papery cardboard.

EDIT! aww! all of them are bid! and none are black! well, i found the game and watch one for... 150 aud!?!!? what! ah watever! ill have to bid...

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:

I want to get a micro for times where i can't be bothered to use my sp. plus they lool cool! if possible, i want to make a (chanses are fake) Mother 3 and Game and watch skin for it.

GAM-003-1.jpg

GameBoyMicro_Unit.jpg

wait.. what are GBM skins made of? caus if i make skins, theyll be papery cardboard.

EDIT! aww! all of them are bid! and none are black! well, i found the game and watch one for... 150 aud!?!!? what! ah watever! ill have to bid...
have you tried game traders... they seem to get alot of this kind of stuff...

another place to try would be a place called Game, they seem to get alot of that stuff as well, ufortunatly for them the only game i know where it is, is knox city.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:

GAM-003-1.jpg

GameBoyMicro_Unit.jpg

erm, he said he wanted to get a gba sp to play old gameboy games, a micro can't do that unless you use emulators.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm keeping an eye on eBay (particuarily one that comes with an EZ-Flash II (old, I know), and another that's a limited edition Zelda one (it'll match my DS)), there is no Amazon for Australia and the US and UK Amazons have them either out of stock or ridiculously over-priced (both actual price and shipping). I search Oztion (an Australian auction site) and they have nothing.
That SP's definately, um... pink (not a fan of pink). I do like it though when people put that personal/creative touch into their things (particularily your attachment).

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The top looks ok, but it's bidding and I'd prefer buy-it-now. The bottom one says the screen's fine but there's alot of scratches on the system. I'd really prefer to buy one within Australia (speed, no customs hold-up/fees, no hassle with chargers) though, thanks for the links, I'll keep an eye on those two!

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing you mean the AU$ amounts? If you convert it, you'll see they're near the price of the UK eBay: the British Pound is roughly half the Australian dollar amount; AU$60 is GBP29).

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
have you tried game traders... they seem to get alot of this kind of stuff...

another place to try would be a place called Game, they seem to get alot of that stuff as well, ufortunatly for them the only game i know where it is, is knox city.

Ah! Game! do they sell Micros? Prefferably black to go with my awesome DSL and SP. I've seen GAME TRADERS (Zero Punctuation FTW!) at the Glen. Too bad my mum doesnt work there anymore but than again she is only taking leave. Chanses are even i find a Micro, my dad wont let me get it (currently since i just bought 2 wavebirds) and i wouldnt have any money. i can only hope... Good luck with the SP by the way.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Where can you find them for £15!? Second hand shops, I'm guessing you mean, EB Games/trade-in places? Sigh, the EZF-II and SP was way too expensive: AU$150, it was used too, and covered in scratches. The Zelda one though, that one's still cheap and ends tonight... I'm not done searching yet, though!

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't know about Australia, but we have second hand shops called Cash Generator and another one I can't remember what's called, you can buy game consoles for a very cheap price.

I saw £15 brand new on Amazon UK.

Wow, I'm surprised at the struggle.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh! We have Cash Convertors here, but they aren't known as the greatest shops, I'll give them a ring. If they don't have any, I'll have to stick to eBay or go into the city (not fun!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.