Homebrew GBA SP vs. N3ds GBA VC color reproduction comparison

spacelaces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I ran a little side-by-side test of super mario bros Advance 4 - super mario bros. 3 and here are the results.
I heard ppl would like to know how gba vc injection looked like when compared to the original since lots of ppl complained about the ambassador games looking washed out. Find out for yourself below. Personally I feel like the colors look good, you probably have to crank up the brightness a notch, they're just a tad bit darker than your usual DS-games. Sorry for not having superb camera equipment I recorded this with my smartphone.
here some pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/tKdIk

Last edited by spacelaces,

spacelaces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i assume the 101 is more rare so most ppl will probably have the 001 model.
From what I can tell the 001 is model is just not as bright as the 101 (at least from what I've gathered from youtube videos)

Reactions: cvskid

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume the 101 is more rare so most ppl will probably have the 001 model.
From what I can tell the 001 is model is just not as bright as the 101 (at least from what I've gathered from youtube videos)

one is front/ side lit while the other is back lit. 001 technically is showing drowned out / incorrect color due to how it is lit if you really want to do a proper color comparison I recommend the gameboy micro or dslite they have the best screens for this sort of thing also video/ photo comparisons of screens tend to be useless due to the way cameras process light.

Last edited by dazindude,
Reactions: Deleted User

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 101 GBA, but I'm using o3DS. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I could do a quick comparison using Nightmare in Dreamland.

Leo2nardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran a little side-by-side test of super mario bros Advance 4 - super mario bros. 3 and here are the results.
I heard ppl would like to know how gba vc injection looked like when compared to the original since lots of ppl complained about the ambassador games looking washed out. Find out for yourself below. Personally I feel like the colors look good, you probably have to crank up the brightness a notch, they're just a tad bit darker than your usual DS-games. Sorry for not having superb camera equipment I recorded this with my smartphone.
here some pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/tKdIk

Hey bro how did you manage to run super Mario advance 4 without the save data issue corrupted? Can you PM me the cia file that is patched please
I would really appreciate it man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth