GBA SP Screen Troubles?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Darkforce, Aug 23, 2006.

Aug 23, 2006

GBA SP Screen Troubles? by Darkforce at 8:50 PM (808 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Darkforce
    OP

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Picked up a GBA SP at a car boot today for £5 which seemed pretty good but dam thing seems to have a problem with the screen >_>. The SP turns on, backlight comes on and you can hear the logo noise and game come on, but there are no graphics on the screen. I'm guessing it could be a loose connector or something? So I wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be before I rush out and buy a small enough triwing screwdriver to open it up.
    Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Ask the seller?

3. Darkforce
    OP

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Well that would be quite hard since it was a car boot sale and I only found out after I got home >_>.

Might just spend another £5 and get a replacement shell since you get a screw driver in with them, but I'd like to get a Famicom edition shell and aside from one on ebay I can't seem to find any others about. =(

4. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    have try put a game in? before do so - you should check if any pins cross-over.

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    The dead screen definitely explains the £5 price tag. [​IMG] Sounds like the screen's ribbon cable might have come loose or been damaged in some way. Although those things are probably in pretty tight so it falling out sounds really unlikely to me, but maybe you got lucky. Grab a screwdriver and take a look at it; you've got nothing to lose.