GBA SP Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by SparrowPT, Jan 28, 2017.

1. SparrowPT
    OP

SparrowPT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Dominican Republic
    Dominican Republic
    Hello, I found my GBA SP after not touching it for years.
    When I turned it on and played for a while, I realized that my screen had some weird... what should I call it... "cracks", something I never noticed as a kid.
    But its not something external since i dont feel the crack if I touch it. So its probably something internal.
    I took some pictures of it. As you can see, there's 2 weird cracks, bottom left and top right.
    Specially the bottom left one is annoying. Also have some dust inside of it by the looks of it.
    I'm not gonna open it right now just because I dont have the tri wing screwdriver at the moment.
    I just want to understand what the problem is and how to fix it. Help would be appreciated. Thanks. 20170128_021843.jpg 20170128_021854.jpg 20170128_021911-min.jpg

2. DrasticGray

DrasticGray Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    United States
    Ohio
    SP screens have a protective layer that protects the lcd from damage. consider buying a new sp shell online.

3. SparrowPT
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Dominican Republic
    Dominican Republic
  4. DrasticGray

DrasticGray Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    United States
    Ohio
  5. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Last edited by invaderyoyo, Jan 30, 2017
    DrasticGray likes this.
  6. SparrowPT
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Dominican Republic
    Dominican Republic
    Just opened up the GBA and found out the damage is actually internal. Took out the lens and it seems the problem is on the screen itself. It has those cracks I showed above on the screen itself. It's not the biggest problem ever but it's pretty annoying. I guess I'll need to buy a new screen.

DrasticGray likes this.