GBA SP not turn on battery with screen.

nando1413

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
after unsuccessfully changing the fuses my GBA SP only turns on normally without the screen if I insert the screen I have to for 5v with a bench source to be able to make it turn on. the symptoms are fusiable but they are continuing normally.

in font work in battery no
20220906_171948.jpg

with battery without screen

with screen and battery

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not quite following.
If you disconnect the screen's power from the motherboard but replace it with 5V from your bench supply it works fine (at least boots to the screen there -- no logo at the bottom means no cart is there)
If you disconnect the screen and power it from battery it works fine.
If you connect the screen and power it from battery the green light flashes for a second and then goes off.

Interesting if so. We have seen the green light flashing before but nobody has broken it down by components like that. What does the EM8 filter (same device as the EM10 in the DS) look like? That is more of a charge issue but worth noting in this anyway. https://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-em8-component-missing-solution.540092/ .

What happens if you try powering it with the charger in? If same then would speak to something in the path of the screen power regulation or short to something else in that. If it works, especially if you allow it to charge for a bit, then that speaks more to a bad battery.

Do you have any other GBAs to try the battery and then screen in?

Nice shell by the way.

Reactions: nando1413

nando1413

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in power suply 5v (4.9) work perfect

in battery not turn on led green flcker and charger orange led

motherboard without screen turn on normalmente

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your posts are very hard to understand.

A common cause for the LED flickering is that the internal components of the on/off switch have gotten dirty. I suppose if the switch is dirty, then supplying enough voltage will overcome the resistance, though this is obviously not ideal. You can try desoldering the cover of the switch and then cleaning it out with isopropyl alcohol.

Reactions: Jayro

nando1413

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seus posts são muito difíceis de entender.

Uma causa comum para a cintilação do LED é que os componentes internos do interruptor liga/desliga ficaram sujos. Suponho que se o interruptor estiver sujo, então fornecer tensão suficiente superará a resistência, embora isso obviamente não seja o ideal. Você pode tentar dessolderar a tampa do interruptor e depois limpá-lo com álcool isopropílico.
sorry I don't speak english.

- on/off switch first problem i verify

- Problem GBA dont turn on with battery

- In power suply 4.9v turn on

- Without IPS or LCD screen, motherboard turn ON with battery

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you'd want, you could write a summary post in Brazilian Portuguese and I'd switch it to English.

Espero que consigas arranjar o que tens porque é algo incrível.

nando1413

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you'd want, you could write a summary post in Brazilian Portuguese and I'd switch it to English.

Espero que consigas arranjar o que tens porque é algo incrível.
vejamos meu problema é que com a bateria 3.7v de gba que tem por volta de 4v totalmente carregada o GBA não liga,
porém com uma fonte regulada a 4.9v e ele inicia normalmente.

se eu removo a tela ele inicia normalmente com bateria a placa emite som de inicialização e tudo.

verifiquei pelo esquema elétrico que o pin34 do LCD deveria ter 5v porém só chega 4.1v. no mesmo esquema encontrei a parte que regula a tensão para 5v porém eu sou bem leigo não consigo identificar qual componente está com problema.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vejamos meu problema é que com a bateria 3.7v de gba que tem por volta de 4v totalmente carregada o GBA não liga,
porém com uma fonte regulada a 4.9v e ele inicia normalmente.

se eu removo a tela ele inicia normalmente com bateria a placa emite som de inicialização e tudo.

verifiquei pelo esquema elétrico que o pin34 do LCD deveria ter 5v porém só chega 4.1v. no mesmo esquema encontrei a parte que regula a tensão para 5v porém eu sou bem leigo não consigo identificar qual componente está com problema.
Let's see, my problem is that with a 3.7v battery out of 4v completely recharged my GBA doesn't turn on, but with a regular battery of 4.9v it turns on as usual.

Now, if I remove the screen, it boots up normally with the battery, which emits sound and everything.

I have verified thru the electrical scheme that the pin34 of the LCD it shouldn't have 5v, yet it only reaches as much as 4.1v via the same test. Moreover, I found that the part that regulates the voltage to 5v although I'm not too well versed in identifying this component, and that's my issue at hand.

----------

There's my attempt because even in Portuguese, reading that was a bit confusing due to the lack of commas and whatnot. I hope you solve your issue.

Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.