OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
GBATEMP admins are currently carefully and throughtfully testing the new GBA SP european units with the Flash2Advance carts.

We have three different european GBA SP (all three different colors) and 5 different Flash2Advance sets (both 256 and 128 MB), and since we've been using all these since a lot of time, this is probably the best testing ground to officially understand if there really are compatibility problems of the GBA SP with the Flash2Advance carts and linkers.

So far the tests have confirmed that, HELL YES, the flashing problems do exist and prevent gamers to use the new GBA SP to properly flash the F2A carts (remember that you can always run a F2A into a GBA SP, the problems are with the flashing).

We are currently trying all the possible setups and all the possible versions of the flashing software (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.0, 2.01) to see if the problem arises just in certain cases or always, and if there are possible workarounds for it.

Tomorrow we will post the final results of this little GBATEMP "research".
wink.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Excellent.

Good Job Omero.

See what the nice people at gbatemp do for the gaming world!
happy.gif

Hopefully someone can create a programme to get around this....

Otherwise keep your old GBA.

M

mechanori

Ummm... I have a Flash Advance Linker Xtreme 256. I think they already confirmed it, but it works right?

Calimero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great work guys!
tongue.gif

I'm eagerly waiting for your findings since I've just ordered a F2A 256 set and I'm waiting to buy the GBASP, in case I'd go for the Jap version

E

exile

Well I am not sure what this adds to the equation, but I bought 3 US SP units and my flash2advance 256 card only works on two of them. It works perfectly on the two but on the other one (the one that just happened to be the one I kept
frown.gif
) it will go to the wait mode and will sit as usually, as soon as I send it a command through f2a version 2.0nt it will say that the ilinker is found but then will say that the flash is not found. The screen comes up on the SP but the box where the writing, erasing, etc... is is all garbled.

The card works fine on my regular GBA which I was hoping to sell and not keep just for flashing.

I am using software version 2.0nt
I am running XP service pack 1
256 mbit flash2advance card
us gba sp (cobalt hehe)

Omero

Former Admin
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
To answer: the problems are ONLY with the flashing... properly flashed carts works PERFECTLY even on a GBA SP unit.

I'm now playing Mario Ware on my GBA SP & F2A flashed with my old GBA
wink.gif

N

NEiM0D

You can create you own program to flash your cart in a GBA...
I know how to do it with a MBv2 cable, but I don't know how the F2A cable interacts with PC.

norberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also just tried My friends F2A cable on my SP and It diddnt work. I have the external linker and that works 100% with my SP. only the cable that goes from the printer port to the GBA port does not work. I bought a USA SP. other than that no problems playing games onced flashed like others have said.

A

alucard_xs

for me it works, I tested it a few minutes ago, ihave got a GBA SP europe version bought this morning in france (a silver one) i have got a F2A ilinker (flash directly in the GBA SP) and a 256 PRO cartridge !

i made a full erase before flashing for the first time in the sp and i tested it with advance war !!

how cool !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off