GBA SP All Colour Variants (UK?)

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by AnotherMuggle, Mar 22, 2010.

1. AnotherMuggle
    OP

AnotherMuggle Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2009
    UK
    Does anyone know where I can see all the GBA SP colour variants that were released in the UK?
    I am trying to establish whether a unit for sale on eBay is a back or front lit unit. It is a fairly dark blue colour!

Cheers,
    Tom

2. Demonbart

Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Lazytown, yarr
    Wikipedia maybe?

3. AnotherMuggle
    OP

AnotherMuggle Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2009
    UK
    They have some nice information but no images of the colour variants.

4. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    I thought backlit SP was only released for sale in USA...

It certainly didn't make it to Australia... that's for sure...

5. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    hi, the easiest way to establish that is to ask them the model number, frontlit SPs had the serial number AGS-001, whereas backlit models have the number AGS-101. I belive that the AGS-101 was only released in a light metallic blue and a light metallic blue, along a spongebob version... they were only released in the USA though, and maybe japan.

I ended up buying my two from the USA with crappy shells and re-casing them, the metallic shells seemed to wear really easily so are neigh on impossible to find in good condition, not to mention the colours are [​IMG] . It was definately worth the effort and expense though, the 101 is the best handheld to play GBA and GBC games on (even better than the DS).

edit: ok, looking at wikipedia it seems a very small number did make it to europe, in dark blue, pink, and "tribal", good luck finding one though.

6. trans am

trans am Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    They aren't hard to find in Europe, I've seen many Tribal AGS-101, point taken all colors are not very good if you prefer mute colors.

7. Danny600kill

Danny600kill xD

Aug 3, 2009
    United States
    Manchester
    I've got a Tribal one laying around al see what serial number to tell you if they are back or front lit

Edit : Its backlit if that helps

8. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    maybe they all ended up in Portugal [​IMG]

9. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    I've seen them advertised over here; never got one though. I have a frontlit SP and I think I had a DS by then.