Hardware GBA SP All Colour Variants (UK?)

AnotherMuggle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can see all the GBA SP colour variants that were released in the UK?
I am trying to establish whether a unit for sale on eBay is a back or front lit unit. It is a fairly dark blue colour!

Cheers,
Tom

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi, the easiest way to establish that is to ask them the model number, frontlit SPs had the serial number AGS-001, whereas backlit models have the number AGS-101. I belive that the AGS-101 was only released in a light metallic blue and a light metallic blue, along a spongebob version... they were only released in the USA though, and maybe japan.

I ended up buying my two from the USA with crappy shells and re-casing them, the metallic shells seemed to wear really easily so are neigh on impossible to find in good condition, not to mention the colours are
wtf.gif
. It was definately worth the effort and expense though, the 101 is the best handheld to play GBA and GBC games on (even better than the DS).

edit: ok, looking at wikipedia it seems a very small number did make it to europe, in dark blue, pink, and "tribal", good luck finding one though.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They aren't hard to find in Europe, I've seen many Tribal AGS-101, point taken all colors are not very good if you prefer mute colors.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Schizoanalysis said:
I thought backlit SP was only released for sale in USA...

It certainly didn't make it to Australia... that's for sure...
I've seen them advertised over here; never got one though. I have a frontlit SP and I think I had a DS by then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1