Hacking GBA Saving Problems

juicemousezero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I've looked everywhere else I can think of, but I haven't seen this addressed.

I recently put a few GBA games on my DS. I have yet to try all of them, but when it comes to saving my games, three out of the five that I've tried work perfectly. Two however (obviously the two I wanted to play most) won't save correctly (Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission). I can save my game, but when I reload it I get a "Data is Corrupted; Deleting File" message.

I've heard of saving problems, but nothing intermittent like this. I've read that inserting a particular hexcode into the save file would fix some stuff, but the hexcode in question was already there when I checked.

So... I'm not sure what to do to fix it... Anyone else had stuff like this happen?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the answer, but you might also want to post some additional information such as what cart you're using (AK2, RPG, etc), the slot2 device you're using, what menu you're using (official, Bliss, or something else), what version of the menu you're using, and whether you're using GBA ExpLoader or not.

If you're not using GBA ExpLoader, you might want to try it and see if it'll allow you to save on the games you're having difficulties with. If you are using GBA ExpLoader, try using the Bliss menu which can load GBA games directly and see if that doesn't solve your problem.

-Bri

juicemousezero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, you're right. Sorry about that.
rolleyes.gif

I'm using an AK2, a A-Data 4 gig class 6 turbo, the 3-in-1 for my memory expansion, and the latest version of the Bliss loader instead of GBA ExpLoader. I've never used GBA ExpLoader before, but I have the zip on my computer so I'll mess with it when I get the chance. Thanks for the quick reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)