Hacking Gba Saving on M3Real

Kalyca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've ran into a problem with my copy of Fire Emblem not wanting to store the saves. In game it will save fine, but once I turn the power off and restart, all my data is gone and I have to begin a new game.

Rock and Roll Racing is having the same problem as Fire Emblem. Save works in game but once power is off all data is gone, with the .0 files remaining on the disk. This could be rom dependent. Some can store the save some can't. FF6 and Zelda: Link to the Past work fine.

I've tried deleting the initial save to start fresh. I've tried using select and saving to 2. I've tried turning the game off and immediately back on and going to the GBA menu and starting the game again for the save to process. I haven't tried different versions of the roms. (Like Japanese)

I'm planning to try just using RTSaving next to see if that can circumvent the issue. I haven't read much into it though. As an additional question (I'll still search after I post this) : After I enable RTSave switch what do I do? Is it set to a button I press like every time I hit R or Start it does a RTSave I can load? Do these last after the power is switched off or are they just there for your current game?

Thanks ahead of time!

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
After you have finished playing a GBA game please turn your NDS back on and go back to the GBA Menu. From here you will see a "Processing" message this is when the save from the SRAM is transferring to the main storage.

And or

Try recharging the Expansion pack. Simple insert the Expansion Device and charge your NDS for a few hours.

smile.gif

Kalyca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be I simply have a faulty GBA pak? Today I managed to save Fire Emblem successfully up to chapter 3, then it cleared my data again. Immediately after I tried Metroid ZM twice and both times it saved properly with no errors. Again this test was done after the NDS had charged all night long.

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If other games save alright its possibly a bad rom image? Try using a different image from a different place of the same game and see what happens.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you have finished playing a GBA game please turn your NDS back on and go back to the GBA Menu. From here you will see a "Processing" message this is when the save from the SRAM is transferring to the main storage.

And or

Try recharging the Expansion pack. Simple insert the Expansion Device and charge your NDS for a few hours.

smile.gif

This is the canned response I've seen posted everywhere, but it just plain does not fugging work. The Expansion pack can be "charged" until the DS is fully charged, and yet I'll go try to save a game, reboot DS, go into GBA game, and boom the save is not there. Once in a blue moon, it will actually keep the save file. Usually, it does not.

soybean84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you have finished playing a GBA game please turn your NDS back on and go back to the GBA Menu. From here you will see a "Processing" message this is when the save from the SRAM is transferring to the main storage.

And or

Try recharging the Expansion pack. Simple insert the Expansion Device and charge your NDS for a few hours.

smile.gif

This is the canned response I've seen posted everywhere, but it just plain does not fugging work. The Expansion pack can be "charged" until the DS is fully charged, and yet I'll go try to save a game, reboot DS, go into GBA game, and boom the save is not there. Once in a blue moon, it will actually keep the save file. Usually, it does not.

I don't know about the charging the GBA pack. Overall, I think you have a faulty GBA pack. When I got mine, I just plugged it in and started playing. Everything loads fine. When I turn off, and even if I remove the microsd, then plug back in, the game would proceed to processing and saving my gba games. Maybe you have a faulty GBA pack?

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Recharging the GBA is one of the method that may fix the issue. If you continue to have trouble with it by all means contact your vendor and ask for an exchange.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal