Hacking gba saves disappearing with ak2.1

merbiyatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has happend to me more than 3 times. i dont know what im doing wrong but out of nowhere, for some unexplainable reason, my gba games saves keep disappearing and ticking the hell out of me.

is there a way i can recover my saves? when i play the game there is no game save detected but when i check on my pc, there is a game save present..whats up?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt they just 'disappear'. Mine don't, so I'm guessing it's something you're doing.

If you're really sure you might not have done something wrong, submit it as a bug on the AKAIO forums.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i agree with what how_do_i_do_that said. this is an order of operations issue. you aren't doing what you should be doing to back-up the save on reboot. there is also a bit if info in the akaio wiki. if all else fails just use gba exploader.

-another world

merbiyatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
It is called manually backing up your saves after a restart.

See my sig. read both topics, in particularly the first one. at the very bottom of the first post.

This might also cover your issues depending on what games your playing:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179078

mario & luigi super star saga. i dont know what im doing wrong to make this happen. but what could caused these issues?

merbiyatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
mario & luigi super star saga uses EEPROM, you have to SRAM patch the game.

Your problem is YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT GAMES YOU HAVE TO PATCH, so read #8 so you know how to find out what games you have to patch.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179078

so there are alot of patchers and toold on the dl section. which one would you recommend? thanks for the reply btw. i appreciate your help.

merbiyatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Just pick something that you feels comfortable for you. All patchers do patching in different ways so results will vary. It is best you download 2 or 3 of them and try out which one works best for you without causing errors for you with your setup.

ok thank you. so when its patched should it read my old save data or do i start from scratch?

EDIT: sram patched it and fix header for mario and luigi superstar saga. no game saves i guess i have to start from scratch again..ugh!

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I was using Acekard (w/ Akaio 4.1) Mario & Luigi: SS would load and save correctly without me patching. Akaio's self patching worked for it fine.
Have you checked the 3in1's battery? If its dead, no game will save.
~dhjohn

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dhjohn said:
When I was using Acekard (w/ Akaio 1.4.1) Mario & Luigi: SS would load and save correctly without me patching. Akaio's self patching worked for it fine.
Same here, back then when I used 1.4.1.

The save is still working on 1.5.

You must be doing something wrong.

merbiyatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dhjohn said:
When I was using Acekard (w/ Akaio 4.1) Mario & Luigi: SS would load and save correctly without me patching. Akaio's self patching worked for it fine.
~dhjohn

uhm how do i check the batt life?

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
merbiyatch said:
dhjohn said:
~dhjohn

uhm how do i check the batt life?

I'm not sure if there is a way other then taking the thing apart and using a volt checker, and even that someone else would need to guide you through. (I never needed to check mine when I had it.)
~dhjohn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉