Hacking GBA Saves Corrupt

sharkie88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've recently purchased a 3in1 so I could play GBA games, Mother 3 specifically, but I'm having some problems.

My Cyclo has the latest firmware so I don't think that is the issue. I copied the .sav file from my computer since I was playing it on VBA before I got the 3in1. The .sav worked fine and I continued playing from where I left off. The first save point I got to I saved and restarted my DS to make sure it saved correctly. I did this a few times because I've heard about GBA games not saving properly. Anyway, it worked and I continued playing. The next save point, however, I did the same thing but when I booted the game up again to make sure it saved it said "data corrupt" and now I have to start over.

Does anyone else have this problem? And what could be causing it? Very frustrating as sometimes it seems to save fine but other times the data gets corrupted!

sharkie88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Panasonic thingy? Can anyone give me a link?

I've started using GBA_Exploader thinking that maybe it was the Cyclo GBA support that was causing the problem. But I can't get it to work either. The saves stay for a bit but after my DS is off for a while the saves are gone...what gives?

Since there is only one game I really want to play right now is there a way I can just flash it to the 3in1 and play it as a normal GBA game?

sharkie88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After doing some more research I think the battery in the EZ-Flash may be defective. The CycloDS forum FAQ said corrupt save data is caused by a faulty battery in the slot-2 device. I'm looking into exchanging it for a new one. I will post back once I get the new one just in case somebody else runs into the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"