GBA saves. Boktai in particular

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Arch Feline, Mar 17, 2008.

Mar 17, 2008
  1. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am playing Boktai on 3 venues. GBA + retail Cartridge (yay! I found one) / (R4 + 3 in one + GBALdr) + patched Rom / VBA + patched ROM

At one point I transferred a save from GBALdr to VBA. and I have not been able to do it since. Now I always get a load failed message. I have tried editing the saves with a binary editor but I have failed totally.

I would appreciate help. Also now in order to retrieve a save from 3 in one I must reload NOR. Is there a utility or a GBALdr.ini modification that will simply copy the game save in SRAM to my Kingston transflash card?

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    In VBA: are you importing the savefile through File>Import>Battery File ? (and export to go the opposite way)

3. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From GBALdr, I am using import battery file. To GBALdr I am just copying the battery save into the folder that I listed in the GBALdr.ini.

I am subscribed to this topic and I just double checked: I did not get notified of a post.

I am trying various overlays of the VBA battery file into the 512K save from GBALdr. Because I have transferred Golden Sun between GBA and VBA and I am familiar with the battery saves - there is even a savestate guide on gamefaqs - I am working with the Golden Sun GBALdr/VBA save.

1. Overlay VBA on GBALdr addr 0x0 - slot 1 is unused - 2 & 3 have an error message and start you at a sanctum

2. Overlay VBA on GBALdr addr 0x1000 - slot 1 & 3 are unused - 2 has an error message and starts you at a sanctum

3. strip 1K from the start of VBA and overlay at 0x0 or 0x1000 of GBALdr - One of these gives you 3 weird save slots. I think the last, overlaying at 0x1000. Deleting the first weird gameplay causes one of the current saves to appear but at the sanctum.

It is weird enough that it is hard to believe that a simple pad or overlay is going to do it.

[​IMG]