GBA Save State issues

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by randomsaint, Sep 18, 2006.

1. randomsaint
    OP

randomsaint Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    First of all, sorry if this doesn't belong here, I'm a nub at these forums.

Anyway, it seems that for my G6, sometimes GBA save states of a few ROMs don't really want to work. For example, every time I make a save state in MMZ, all sound disappears and reloading the state sometimes even locks everything up with a white screen. I rarely run into this issue, and I have no idea what is going on. A guy I know let me use his ROM for MMZ that he said worked fine with save states on his G6 but even that didn't work. I am using the 4.4 software and H+S for the patch. Any ideas?

2. xnevergiveinx

xnevergiveinx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2006
    United States
    your talking about the realtime save right? the a+b+x+y+l+r thing

the only game i have trouble with realtime saving is donkey kong country 1. i have the latest firmware also...but it didn't work even with the first firmware.

it's no big deal though

3. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2004
    Canada
    I noticed that playing Lego Starwars 2 GBA it didn't retain my save. I only played it once and didnt try multiple write settings but I've never had a GBA save problem on G6 til then. Has anyone had success saving in this game?

I'm talking about in game progress saving, not a realtime thing.

4. kobewan

kobewan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2006
    United States
    Austin, Texas
    I get the same no sound thing with all the Mega Man Zeros on an M3 miniSD. I tried patching them in every way imaginable, same problem. Not really a huge problem since I only realtime save if I'm getting out of the car or something (don't want to cheapen the famous difficulty level), and loading the real save works fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice