GBA Save State issues

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by randomsaint, Sep 18, 2006.

Sep 18, 2006

GBA Save State issues by randomsaint at 12:09 AM (562 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. randomsaint
    OP

Newcomer randomsaint Newbie

United States
    First of all, sorry if this doesn't belong here, I'm a nub at these forums.

Anyway, it seems that for my G6, sometimes GBA save states of a few ROMs don't really want to work. For example, every time I make a save state in MMZ, all sound disappears and reloading the state sometimes even locks everything up with a white screen. I rarely run into this issue, and I have no idea what is going on. A guy I know let me use his ROM for MMZ that he said worked fine with save states on his G6 but even that didn't work. I am using the 4.4 software and H+S for the patch. Any ideas?

2. xnevergiveinx

Newcomer xnevergiveinx Member

United States
    your talking about the realtime save right? the a+b+x+y+l+r thing

the only game i have trouble with realtime saving is donkey kong country 1. i have the latest firmware also...but it didn't work even with the first firmware.

it's no big deal though

3. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I noticed that playing Lego Starwars 2 GBA it didn't retain my save. I only played it once and didnt try multiple write settings but I've never had a GBA save problem on G6 til then. Has anyone had success saving in this game?

I'm talking about in game progress saving, not a realtime thing.

4. kobewan

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I get the same no sound thing with all the Mega Man Zeros on an M3 miniSD. I tried patching them in every way imaginable, same problem. Not really a huge problem since I only realtime save if I'm getting out of the car or something (don't want to cheapen the famous difficulty level), and loading the real save works fine.