Homebrew GBA roms to work on DS using Slot-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I apologize if this topic has been made before, but i searched and didn't find it!

So before anyone say anything like "No it'll never happen cause of the CPU limitations" or "just buy an Ez-3in1 card" or "just buy GBA games they're cheap"
dry.gif
i'm aware of all that and i would buy either a Slot-2 card or an Ez-3in1 card if i could buy stuff online but i can't and they don't sell them where i live, i tried to get them in many ways and still no luck, and they stopped making GBA games anymore so the only ones i can find if i was lucky are crappy ones!
frown.gif

So the question is, is it really impossible to emulate GBA roms on a DS using Slot-1?
unsure.gif

First there's a card called iPlayer which allows you to run GBA ROMs on a DS using Slot-1, or so i heard!

Second if you heard of SNEmulDS which is an SNES emulator for the DS, the emulator runs perfectly fine and speed has no issues, i'm not really good at hacking but of what i understood it uses the ARM9 memory to save RAM for the SNES ROMs!

Third we got Sonic Classic Collection which runs S3K on an emulator, and that game wouldn't normally run on JenesisDS, and as i heard it also uses the ARM9 memory!

So my question is, is it really hopeless to have a GBA emulator to run on Slot-1? or is it that people just don't care seeing how the DS runs GBA cartridges perfectly fine? can DSi users ever get GBA ROMs to work at least?

Thank you
wink.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Huh... Supercard DSTWO ?

I heard it's a memory problem. DS doesn't have enough memory to run a GBA game in DS mode. So unless the card hardware manages to provide sufficient memory, it's not possible. But if it's the case maybe it's possibe with DSi...

And for the ARM9 thing, I really don't know about...

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
Huh... Supercard DSTWO ?
DS doesn't have enough memory to run a GBA game in DS mode

well what about creating a software to convert GBA ROMs to NDS ROMs?

QUOTE(Rockstar @ Apr 14 2010, 10:09 AM) If you want GBA on slot 1 Use this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189357&hl=

lol i didn't know about win2ds
tongue.gif
and this even works to multiplay GBA on DS using No&GBA
rofl2.gif

but jokes aside!

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
QUOTE said:
Same answer as the last 30 people that asked that after asking being wanting to be cheap and not use a slot2. NO, it will not happen.

i said in the topic that it's not a matter of being cheap, i'm willing to pay double fo whoever buys one for me, i just CAN'T buy stuff online!

but nonetheless thanks for the reply!

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
I apologize if this topic has been made before, but i searched and didn't find it!
Well you didn't do a very hard search, clearly. The entire internet is pretty clear that it won't work without one of those fancy new cards that has a ton of hardware in it.

QUOTESecond if you heard of SNEmulDS which is an SNES emulator for the DS, the emulator runs perfectly fine and speed has no issues, i'm not really good at hacking but of what i understood it uses the ARM9 memory to save RAM for the SNES ROMs!

Third we got Sonic Classic Collection which runs S3K on an emulator, and that game wouldn't normally run on JenesisDS, and as i heard it also uses the ARM9 memory!

Correction: SNEmulDS runs terrible. And it's the best we have for snes emulation. S3K is hard to emulate on Jenesis for the same reason it doesn't emulate the game genie: You're trying to load two roms simultaneously, and the emulator was never intended for multi-tasking. It's not a case of memory usage.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Converting a GBA game into a DS game to run is technically impractical unless you had the sourcecode to the game. Any more dumb questions, and yes the mods and admins stickyed the damn answers for you to read. It is plastered in nearly every NDS section, every damn noob asked this before, your just the damn latest one.

NO.

Since you seem to have some form of "I don't want to understand" syndrome you can click here and read NO from a bunch of other people that asked this before.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=50738

And whoever wrote about the hypervise crap, that is crap too. Hypervise is like the tooth fairy for noobs that expect to get nds version if they stick a gba game under the pillow. The thing that hypervise crap described is dynamic recompilation and dynamic substitution. You only learn that when you are trying to get your Masters or PHd in computer engineering or computer science.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

No is No is No is No is No is No is No. No.

Oya, Geen, Non, Nun, Yok, Ni, Na, Ani, Pepe, Amo, Nag eus, Non, Ne, Nne, Abu, Neen, Nee, Nole, Nau, Neng, No. No and go trip and fall in a wood chipper.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
GWEndlessDuel said:
QUOTE said:

No is No is No is No is No is No is No. No.

Oya, Geen, Non, Nun, Yok, Ni, Na, Ani, Pepe, Amo, Nag eus, Non, Ne, Nne, Abu, Neen, Nee, Nole, Nau, Neng, No. No and go trip and fall in a wood chipper.
And in basque: EZ

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
QUOTE said:
Same answer as the last 30 people that asked that after asking being wanting to be cheap and not use a slot2. NO, it will not happen.

i said in the topic that it's not a matter of being cheap, i'm willing to pay double fo whoever buys one for me, i just CAN'T buy stuff online!

but nonetheless thanks for the reply!

How would you pay that person back if you can't buy it online? You will probably have to meet the person who purchased it for you, in person, and give them the cash. I do not think anyone will accept a check through the mail that might bounce or rather money that might get stolen, if anything gets sent in the first place. What I would recommend to you is to use your money and to purchase a Visa gift card which acts like a credit card. If you do this I am sure that YOU could order online.

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for explaining this to me, i had no idea the issue with S3K is different than GBA, but i still think SNmulDS runs perfectly fine, anyway i guess my only solution is to buy a Slot-2 card or an Ez-3in1 card if i ever got the chance, and like nycsam786 said it's better if i just get a visa and buy one, i'll have to actually meet the person in order to pay him which is what i meant when i said that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2