Hacking GBA roms on NDSTT?

gtakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was wondering if NDSTT can play GBA roms. If so, can you tell me how?

Yesterday, I installed YSmenu, but when I tried to load a GBA game it says "No_Boot" or something.

thanks
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The eWin 2-in-1 is no more compatible with the DSTT than the EZFlash 3-in-1. That is to say, both are compatible with the use of a loader such as GBA ExpLoader but neither are supported directly by the menu.

YSMenu supports loading a GBA game to both the eWin 2-in-1 and the EZFlash 3-in-1 directly from the menu.

-Bri

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread got me thinking: "Why did the DSTT once come bundled with an ewin 2n1 if there is no native support for it?"
So I put the ewin 2n1 and the dstt (fw 1.16 with a gba rom and opera on the uSD) in my ds. The gba rom did not show up and opera was not auto-patched but there was an EWIN icon on the top screen. Obviously the DSTT is detecting that an ewin 2n1 is inserted but thats where the support seems to end.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, since an update to the firmware that came out shortly after the cart was first released, it has shown an icon for the eWin in the menu but there has never been any actual support for the eWin. You can download a loader program from the DSTT website, but GBA ExpLoader is a lot better (and supports the EZFlash 3-in-1).

There are some advantages of the eWin 2-in-1 over the EZFlash 3-in-1, and some disadvantages as well. Both work fine for GBA games and the Opera browser. The eWin has more fast volatile memory while the EZFlash has an additional non-volatile but slow NOR memory (which you have to use for larger games due to its smaller volatile memory) plus a crappy rumble.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.