Hacking GBA roms as DS rom; no need for GBA exploader?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Hi to all. Assuming my EZ Flash 3 in 1 arrives. I have set Rudolph's GBA Exploader and the 3in1 Expansion Pack tool on my flashcart. I notice that the GBA roms can run automatically without opening the gba exploader. Is this normal? Can I just open the rom itself rather than opening the exploader first?

What's the expansion tool for in details. I cant understand the readme that came with it.

Thank you for your time. All my GBA roms are 16MB like pokemon GBAs.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some slot 1 carts have built in functions for transferring GBA games and saves to/from the 3in1 (AceKard RPG/2/2i with AKAIO for example). Other carts still need GBA Exploader. The games need to be transferred by one way or the other because the access from the slot 1 is stopped in GBA mode (and it would be too slow anyways if it weren't). The 3in1 has 3 different modes: expansion pak (RAM for Opera, homebrew like Quake), rumble, and GBA. This usually only affects DS games and how they see the 3in1.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Forgot to tell that I'm using R4 with DSTT 1.16 YS Menu. I put the GBA roms on the root and they appear as normal rom. when I click on them, it needs a slot 2. That's where the assumption of my 3-in-1 arrives. Will it automatically opens? What happens when I opened the gba rom directly and not opening rudolph's gba exploader?

Can someone give me an idea about this?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would transfer the game to the 3in1 and then allow you to play it. I'm sure once you get the 3in1 the process will be clearer.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
My EZ FLash 3in1 plus arrived today, Feb. 25, 2009 2:50pm, and it seems you will need the GBA exploader by rudolph. This topic can now be deleted.

I wonder why the YSMEnu detects the GBA games but it cant load them or am I missing something.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 3in1 is detected in the slot a button will show up on the lower screen to Write the game to NOR. Then hit Start and X (or hit Boot GBA).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone