GBA ROM save files

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Streea, Apr 17, 2010.

Apr 17, 2010

GBA ROM save files by Streea at 8:19 PM (3,364 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Streea
    OP

Newcomer Streea Newbie

Canada
    I just have a quick question. Ever since I got my EZ Flash Vi and EZ Flash 3-in-1, I've been using Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader to play my GBA roms. It's simply what I read on the internet beforehand so I got used to it.

However I've noticed a trend that, whenever EZ Flash releases a new kernal, GBA ExpLoader ceases to function properly without further adjustments, and it's gotten rather annoying. (Usually the problem is that it asks me each time I load it up if I want to associate my 3-in-1 with it, and then PSRAM will not work properly nor can I use NOR to load a new ROM.)

So I'm just wondering if the GBA function built into Kernel 2.0 RC15 is compatible with the saves made through GBA ExpLoader, and how I would set that all up. Or if they aren't compatible, if there's a way to convert the saves in any way, as I would rather not have to start all my GBA games over again.

Hardware, in case it's required: EZ Flash Vi, Kernel 2.0 RC15, EZ Flash 3-in-1 (not quite sure on the version), Kingston 4GB microSDHC.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Make a backup and try it out

3. Streea
    OP

Newcomer Streea Newbie

Canada
    Well, I moved my Metroid Zero Mission save from EXPLoader's "GBA_SAVE" folder to the "GBASAVE" folder that was created by the EZ Flash (both containing *.sav files). I had loaded MZM into NOR RAM previously and saved, so there was already something there. When I loaded MZM up through NOR, with the original save in the GBASAVE file, it still loaded the save file just made.

However, I just tested loading MZM in the PSRAM mode, and now it's going to my original save file. I notice that there's a "GBADATA" folder with "*.dat" files. Does EZ Flash use the GBASAVE folder for games in PSRAM mode, and then the GBADATA folder for games in NOR?

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    dat files are for any configs for cheats you setup for the game or settings how to run since the last time you played it.

Other than that you can delete it if you need too.