Homebrew GBA Rom requirements

SHRIVES93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly is required to play gba roms on ds? i have a ds fire card 2 gb right now. what do i have to purchase and what programs do i have to download? i was looking into the e-z flash 3 in 1 card but i dont know exactly what is required to play the game. is it a separate gba emulator on the slot 1 card and then put the games on the slot 1 card and it plays off of slot 2 or what?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The slot 2 device runs the roms ... the slot one device allows it to run the roms as a pass-thru device ... whether or not you can select the roms from the slot 1 or the slot 2 device is dependent on the devices themselves.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
To use an EZ 3in1 you have to put GBA games on your slot 1 and run a special loader.
You could also just get a dedicated slot 2 like the EZIV miniSD or M3 perfect

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA ExpLoader sexes up the process. No need for patching... at least for all the GBA games I own. The only step you have left is the optional one of trimming the ROMs you extracted from your original GBA cartridges.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ds fire card

FIRE CARD!?!?! Ugh! I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that you back up your card EVERY WEEK!!!

I had a FireLink (Same as Fire Card) and it died on me after 3 months. I couldn't fix it at all even with lots of help and advices so I ordered CycloDS instead.

BACK. IT. UP. EVERY. WEEK!

Sorry, am just trying to help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over