GBA Rom requirements

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by SHRIVES93, Apr 20, 2008.

Apr 20, 2008

GBA Rom requirements by SHRIVES93 at 9:11 PM (1,583 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. SHRIVES93
    OP

Newcomer SHRIVES93 Member

United States
    what exactly is required to play gba roms on ds? i have a ds fire card 2 gb right now. what do i have to purchase and what programs do i have to download? i was looking into the e-z flash 3 in 1 card but i dont know exactly what is required to play the game. is it a separate gba emulator on the slot 1 card and then put the games on the slot 1 card and it plays off of slot 2 or what?

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    The slot 2 device runs the roms ... the slot one device allows it to run the roms as a pass-thru device ... whether or not you can select the roms from the slot 1 or the slot 2 device is dependent on the devices themselves.

3. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    To use an EZ 3in1 you have to put GBA games on your slot 1 and run a special loader.
    You could also just get a dedicated slot 2 like the EZIV miniSD or M3 perfect

4. PigVenus

Member PigVenus GBAtemp Regular

Sri Lanka
    The loader you want is called GBA ExpLoader.

5. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    GBA ExpLoader sexes up the process. No need for patching... at least for all the GBA games I own. The only step you have left is the optional one of trimming the ROMs you extracted from your original GBA cartridges.

6. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom

FIRE CARD!?!?! Ugh! I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that you back up your card EVERY WEEK!!!

I had a FireLink (Same as Fire Card) and it died on me after 3 months. I couldn't fix it at all even with lots of help and advices so I ordered CycloDS instead.

BACK. IT. UP. EVERY. WEEK!

Sorry, am just trying to help you.