Homebrew GBA Rom clones to work on Acekard 2i?

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People make Pokemon hacks like Pink and Orange. But GBA games in general cannot be played on an Acekard 2i without an ez flash which I do not own.

Is it possible to clone a GBA rom and convert it to a .nds so it can run on a Flashcard like An Acekard 2i or R4 SDHC?

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So are you saying you want to run gba on a ds?

Exactly. Just get someone to make a hack which is the exact same but .nds style. Not just converting with NDStation...
In this case...no. Because we can't get a source code of the gba file. Nintendo ambassador games can be played because
they have the source code of the file.

D

Deleted-236924

Exactly. Just get someone to make a hack which is the exact same but .nds style. Not just converting with NDStation...
In this case...no. Because we can't get a source code of the gba file. Nintendo ambassador games can be played because
This... What?.... no...

First of all, Nintendo ambassador games run in 3DS mode, AceKard runs in DS mode.
They run in an emulator as well.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
No, there is no way to 'convert' a gba game to an nds game. People asked this all the time when the R4 came out, and the answer is still no.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India

This... What?.... no...

First of all, Nintendo ambassador games run in 3DS mode, AceKard runs in DS mode.
They run in an emulator as well.
I meant to say in 3ds mode

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just turn a gba game into a ds game.
If you wanted to take the effort to port a gba game to ds, you might as well use that time to save up some money for a supercard dstwo. Better yet just get a slot 2 card.
It's not as simple as just hacking a Rom.
I wont say its impossible since some say nothing's impossible, but for all the effort it would take to port games, it wouldn't be worth it.

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
I will make myself happy and explain this as simple as hell I can
GBA ROM - pile of sand, dust, poppy seed, flour, crumbs &c.
NDS ROM - arranged clothes segregated to shelves and marked alphabetically

Try to convert this mixed pile of "whatever" to arranged clothes and You are my new god which I will pray till my death

DS CAN'T run GBA emulator, DSi CAN and only with proper flashcard which runs FULL DSi mode like Cyclo Evo if I'm not mistaken and DSTwo it seems
Another way? PC, Android Phone, Wii...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so
1.open the command line and locate your .gba rom.
2. type /covert *the filename of your rom without the stars* .nds container
3. hit enter and make sure you have set a destination for your newly converter rom.

Whatthefuckisgoingoninthisthread.jpg

Ok seriously from what i understand then DSi GBA thing is for homebrew and other things. I wasnt aware its a full fledge GBA emu.
The best thing you can do is probably pony up and get a DS2 or something with GBA emulation properties.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2