Gaming GBA Return of the King .sav file (Gamecube content unlocked)

Farlight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a .sav file for the GBA The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

One of the gimmicks this game used was that you could connect it to your Gamecube and the Gamecube version of the game to unlock extra content and use your characters experience from the GBA version in the GC version.

As all the hardware, link cables, and games to accomplish this are getting scarce, I decided to track down a cheap version of the GC game and fortunately a friend had the nessesary link cables & GC. :D

If you haven't tried it before, it's a great game. (but a very obvious Diablo II clone :ha: .... even down to the red and blue spheres on each side for health and magic) You can find a copy very cheap and it's very playable in a GBA slot 2 DS.

This .sav file contains the following:

-Ancient Artifacts (GC content unlocked) - Enables additional random drops of 'blue labeled' equipment. These are 'ancient artifacts'. Usually they have decent stats though I haven't found any better then my current equipment. They can be sold for more gems then standard.

-Sam Gamgee (GC content unlocked) - Enables Sam as a playable (and saveable) character for the Bonus Maps & Multiplayer (You can not use Sam or Smeagol on a normal new game)

-All 4 Bonus Maps unlocked (Moria, Weathertop, Fanghorn, and Helm's Deep)
-All main Artifacts found
-Smeagol unlocked - Enables Smeagol as a playable (and saveable) character for Bonus Maps & Multiplayer
-3 characters and 1 empty save slot (to play as Sam or Smeagol)
*Gimli Lv 19
*Legolas Lv 25
*Aragorn Lv 24
(All have decent equipment but no artifact weapons or armor yet that I recall.)

Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?78v8voll8lc1l71

Enjoy ;)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this- GC unlocks are always appreciated, I uploaded it to filetrip as http://filetrip.net/f27187-Lord-of-the-Rings-1-0.html and if it is OK with you I will leave it there. There was only one English sporting scene release but it was multi5 (there is a Japanese one as well).

Others might also wish to note Venom made a trainer for it. http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbreleases.php?id=1219 should have it.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. From your description, it sounds like the GBA game is very very similar to the GBA version of The Two Towers. The four bonus maps were probably ripped straight from that game into RotK!

Reactions: 1 person

Farlight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. From your description, it sounds like the GBA game is very very similar to the GBA version of The Two Towers. The four bonus maps were probably ripped straight from that game into RotK!

Yes it is. Both Two Towers and RotK are pretty much clones of Diablo II (but I think that's why they are such good games ;) ). RotK is a bit longer and I would say the 'enhanced' version. Pretty sure they were both by the same company. There were a lot of extra features added to RotK but I honestly prefered the interface of Two Towers more.

I'd have to go back and play them to be sure, but yes I'd say the 'bonus maps' were ripped from the Two Towers game with enhancements from RotK. My favorite map for leveling and treasure hunting is "Helm's Deep' because it is relatively short and has so many forges, fountains, and hollow tree (for storing items..think the actuall name was 'Ranger Hollow'?) You can make a lot of money/gems here and gain experience very quickly. The random damage while on the ballistrade gets a bit annoying though.

Wish the same company had done "Fellowship of the Ring" in a similar way. IMO that game sucked... never was able to find the patience to get through it.

Thanks for the link to the trainer Fast 6191. Very useful for helping to level the mulitplayer/bonus characters so they don't die every fight trying to get to level 2 (Smeagol is especially difficult). If you want the most enjoyment out to the game though, I wouldn't recommend it for the main story archs. You get a lot more satifaction from leveling the characters legitimately.

Glad everyone is enjoying the .sav :)

Markedone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, the links are no longer working, can someone please re-upload these so it can be downloaded again.

Thanks

Manticore2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you guys get the save to work, I am using No$GBA and can't quite get the save to work. I have set the configuration to raw save files and adding them, as well as when the configuration set to compressed. It always starts a new file regardless without loading the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk