GBA Recordings with commentary

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by darkdenizen, Feb 22, 2009.

Feb 22, 2009
  1. darkdenizen
    OP

Member darkdenizen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OK! Now I'm extremely bored and I think it'd be fun/fulfilling/whatever to beat one of my favorite games with commentary. My equipment so far? No$GBA, Megaman Battle Network 3, Unregistered HyperCam and Guitar Hero Logitech microphone. Is it possible for me to have the games music playing and me voice to be recorded at the same time? Or do I need to play it while recording, then find another program that allows me to add another layer of sound?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    In your recording settings, set it to "stereo mix" or a similar option that will record whatever gets output to the speakers. Then in your regular volume settings, unmute the microphone so that whatever you speak into the microphone gets output through the speakers. See if that works.

3. darkdenizen
    OP

United States
    I can't find an similiar option. The sound settings really don't have much to offer. Do you know of a better program?

4. darkdenizen
    OP

United States
    Nevermind. I'm using Windows movie maker and windows sound recorder to combine the audio and visual. The only thing is I have to record them seperatly. If anyone finds a less tedious way, than hey! Thanks a lot, but I think I'm good.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You didn't state what OS you were using, so I can't give you detailed instructions on how to access the Recording settings.

Also note that if you have a newer Dell computer, for some reason they disabled the Stereo Mix option for recording and I haven't taken the time to figure out how to re-enable it.