Hacking Gba Pokemon games don't save correctly!

ALA5T0R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an M3 Real Perfect Bundle with the GBA Expansion Pack.
Every game works correctly except for EVERY Pokemon game.
The problem is, whenever I save it seems to do it right, but when I try to load a game it tells me my save file is corrupted! Sometimes (not always) it even tells me it is deleting my save file!
The savegame then loads correctly, but what I'm concerned about is that I can't use the Pal Park with Pokemon Diamond! The games link regularly, meaning I can catch wild Pokemon that appear only if you have a Slot-2 Pokemon game inserted, but when I try the "Migrate Pokemon" option, it again tells me my save file is missing/corrupted!
Can anyone help me please?
frown.gif

ALA5T0R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mmh...then coud you please send me a save file? Any Pokemon game will do, I have the same problem with everyone. Maybe with your save it will work! Thank you!

EDIT: BTW what's your firmware version?

ALA5T0R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, the save file on the M3 is already 128k. I managed to make the save file work.
But I still can't use the Pal Park migrate option. It still tells me my save file is missing/corrupted.
Has anyone managed to do that?

mistwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done it a lot. I played FireRed and Emerald all the way through, and migrated to Diamond.

I let the M3 make the original GBA save file, and never had an issue.

What I do is boot into the M3 shell, go into the GBA folder, pick the game (FireRed, Emerald, whatever), and choose 'Y' to load it onto the GBA expansion. Then I go back to the main menu, go select Diamond/Peal, and load it (I keep everything turned off here, like cheats and such, but don't load with Y/download play)

Then once Diamond has booted up, I usually have the continue game, new game, and migrate options. Choose migrate, choose my 6 pokemon, and it zips along.

Relating this from memory, I can get out the digicam and take photos if it will help.

ALA5T0R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It could probably help.
Can you also tell me which firmware version do you use?
Thank you!

Edit: Did you patch the DS rom or the GBA rom or you left them clean?

leolight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have same problem.
I'm using G6 DS/M3 DS real and M3 GBA Expansion pack.
I'm playing pokemon Emerald and Diamond but I cannot migrate the Emerald because of missing/currupted save file.
Is there any patch program to fix it?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from what i understand, the fact that it doesn't work is caused because the game is patched.
gba pokemon games use a rare, and mostly unsupported save system
so most emu's/slot2's need it patched to run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE