OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuglx.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm completely new to this whole Nintendo DS and Flashcarts thing. I just purchased a DS Lite last week with an R4. I know how to get games to work, and what not. But, how do you play GBA games on a Nintendo DS? Would you need a separate Flashcart for the GBA slot (Slot-2 I believe...)? I know there are problem links to posts describing the same questions I have. Whoever reads this doesn't have to explain it to me, pointing me in the right direction is great help nonetheless. Thanks.

I guess, the main reason why I want to play GBA games...I'm playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow first...and I sort of wanted to play Aria of Sorrow too...yeah, it's probably just a phase.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm completely new to this whole Nintendo DS and Flashcarts thing. I just purchased a DS Lite last week with an R4. I know how to get games to work, and what not. But, how do you play GBA games on a Nintendo DS? Would you need a separate Flashcart for the GBA slot (Slot-2 I believe...)? I know there are problem links to posts describing the same questions I have. Whoever reads this doesn't have to explain it to me, pointing me in the right direction is great help nonetheless. Thanks.

I guess, the main reason why I want to play GBA games...I'm playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow first...and I sort of wanted to play Aria of Sorrow too...yeah, it's probably just a phase.

yes R4 does not support gba games, but the other flash carts do the most popular brands and most avaiable for the DSL are M3,G6,EZ Flash and Supercard although the best is M3 and G6 but they are also the most expensive, and Supercard has slow downs on GBA games, and EZ flash is decent.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long story short, I can play GBA games on Slot 1 with the correct Flashcart?

if you are strapped for cash get a ez flash V gba expansion pak its a cheap add on that can hold 1 gba game at time, but if you have the cash buy a slot 2 flash cart that supports gba and just hit on the load gba slot flash cart button on your R4, its the one on the very right.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, either get the EZF5 3-in-1 expansion to use with your R4 (it's the cheapest solution), or buy the EZ Flash 4 (less cheap, but still cheap).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s